Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Everyone, bear_flower  bear_flower

Well, I have some BRILLIANT news!!!  It would seem that the long awaited Lily and Hope bear den cam is about to go ahead!  YAY!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Just updating this to say that the CAM is now operating!!!   How wonderful to see the bears again!! bear_wub  bear_wub So, all of us who just NEED our little daily fix of those wonderful bears will be satisfied again.  Just can't believe it is nearly a year since little Hope arrived, and maybe in just about another month, we may hear those same magical sounds again when yet another little furry bundle is produced.  Can't wait. 

Well, there are now nearly 2000 viewers so word is getting around!

Here's the link.

http://www.bear.org/livecams/lily-hope-cam.html

What better way to end this year and begin an exciting 2011.  HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!!

ENJOY!!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs

Marilyn x bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have been waiting and waiting for today to come.  It is very exciting.  Now I will never leave the computer.  That is a bad thing.  But last year it just had me hooked.

Joanne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Same here, Joanne . . . just could NOT leave the computer for fear that I would miss something.  I felt remarkably lucky to actually witness Hope's birth as it was happening in real time!  Afraid my productivity is going to reach an all-time low in 2011.  Bring on the cam!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Uh oh, there goes any hope of starting the new year with great accomplishments! LOL!  I wish there were some way we could show Lily and Hope how much the influence our lives. :o)

puca bears puca bears

So exciting, isn't it? and just wonderful to see Lily again...even if Hope refused to wake up for us! Finally had to drag  myself to bed last night after sitting mesmerised by the "soft focus" picture (thanks to Lily licking the lens!)...........oh dear.......sleep deprivation,housework not done, bears not made...........must be den cam time!
huggies
Maria

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

YIPPEEEE!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I do not manage to connect to Lily's webcam. does not work with my computer and I have no idea why. I manage to connect to the others cam but not Lily's...  bear_sad

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Hi Marilyn ,
Did you see the programme about Lily and Hope on BBC2 last night ,it was wonderful bear_original
Louise x

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

I saw it - it was brilliant - I think it is also on the next two nights. I am currently co-writing a feature about the American Bear Centre and it will be in the next Teddy Bear Times along with Maria's account of her visit to th centre.  Exciting stuff.

Hugs

Dawn

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Louise,

Yes, I did see it!!  Looking forward to the next two programmes too.  It was great to see the part where Lily and Hope were re-united but still cried my eyes out again, especially when Sue started crying.  It has certainly all been an emotional rollercoaster with these wonderful bears, must remember to get the tissues at the ready tonight just in case!

Hi Dawn,  Looking forward to reading the special articles! (along with the rest of the magazine!!)

Hugs

Marilyn  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

I watched, too, from the link Jan Billy put up on Lily's FB page.  It was incredibly wonderful.  Hope to watch the next two episodes, also.  Gordon Buchanan is a terrific photographer as well as a very nice person.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

bear_sad 
I'm not on FB - but I took a quick look just now - 4PM CST - and Lily was just in the act of flipping her head/face right out of the den - eyes open and rested it on the edge of the opening.
I was so surprised I couldn't even get a screen capture going fast enough.. She stayed there a few seconds, sniffed and tucked her head back down inside again.

Timing is everything!

puca bears puca bears

You're right there Bobbie...it's all rather a matter of luck, seeing any movement in the den! I was fortunate last night (our time) to catch Lily giving Hope (a sleepy Hope) a severe grooming!The BBC programmes are an utter joy (even if they do call for a lot of Kleenex!) - fabulous footage of the bears, and Gordon is so nice, and such fun.  There were a lot of posts on Lily's FB page after the first prog, from newcomers, all wanting to know if Hope survived - they're the lucky ones - didn't have to sit thru that awful 5 days when Hope was lost!
Remember when Sue posted those magic words..."she's ALIVE"? I still well up just thinking about it.
And here we go again..........!
huggies
Maria

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
suburban Chicago

Awww, THX! You got it!!
All I saw was a gentle grooming/licking being done by a barely shadowy head near the back of the den all midday. And now I can see why the lip of that den looks different every day! The minders must re-pack and renew it every night....

Bloomsburg, PA
SueAnn wrote:

I watched, too, from the link Jan Billy put up on Lily's FB page.  It was incredibly wonderful.  Hope to watch the next two episodes, also.  Gordon Buchanan is a terrific photographer as well as a very nice person.

I looked for this link SueAnn.  Did he post only the previews or was it the whole show.  I would love to see.  Do you still have the link address?

Joanne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Hi, Joanne . . . the shows were full length, but they had to be viewed as the film was being shown in the UK.  They have posted the reruns on the internet, but they aren't available to the US.  What I've read from UK posters is that they will be rerun on Saturdays from the same link that Jan Billy provided.  The first episode will run this coming Sat., the second show on the following Sat., etc.  I'll be back shortly with the link.  Okay, it's  http://www.dovitv.net/.
Mouse over "Live Channels" then down to 'United Kingdom 1' which opens up another list of choices.  Click on BBC2.  That is where we watched all the episodes which came on at about 3:00pm CST.  Hope that is where the Saturday reruns will occur.

suburban Chicago

Thx for the link SueAnn! I was thinking I'd just miss out on it...
Right now it's just a spinning dial but I'll try mid-afternoon. And on Sat?

clare14 Country Bears
England

If you are able to get BBCi Player (More UK I guess) and have missed the episodes, they are available to watch now.... 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … Me_Spring/

is the first (Spring)and the following (summer and Autumn) are lower down the page - it's fascinating stuff!   bear_original

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Alas BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK, because we pay the TV licence which in turn funds the BBC.  It's not available overseas, even if you've paid a licence at home (I know, I tried when I was in South Africa!)

Bloomsburg, PA

Thanks for the link.  I am going to try.

Joanne

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
rowarrior wrote:

Alas BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK, because we pay the TV licence which in turn funds the BBC.  It's not available overseas, even if you've paid a licence at home (I know, I tried when I was in South Africa!)

It's even worse than that - if you are in the UK but have an overseas internet provider you will not get it either.  Last Hugglets I took my laptop to the hotel intending to catch up on a lot of TV while I sewed on ears, paid £14.99 for 24 hours internet access, only to find that the company the hotel used was based in Germany so we couldn't get any TV at all even though we were within 20 miles of BBC house!

Lol so I thought OK looks like a Facebook night, then had to go through all sorts of security questions before they would let me on!

Hugs

Dawn

emmastephens Emma Stephens Crafty Creations
Gloucestershire

I just watched them all tonight!
So gorgeous, it's truly amazing how close they can get to the bears :)

Emma
xxx

suburban Chicago

What is the white piece that is flexing so rapidly right now, right at the juncture of the overhang and the lip of the floor. Sometmes the right tip almost comes in to touch the lower left point; I imagine it matches respiration but I cannot figure out how or whose collar part this is.....

Den3.jpg

http://www.bear.org/livecams/lily-hope-cam.html

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Bobbie, that is Finn, the sort of unknown object (maybe a leaf or piece of debris) that has been caught on a strand of spider web and is blowing in the wind.  At least that seems to be the consensus of opinion on Lily's FB page.  It's been a popular topic of conversation for several hours.  When I first saw it earlier, it's shape was slightly different . . . more fish or whale-like.  Now it looks more like a dinosaur.  Earlier, it looked alive and like it was breathing so I thought it was really creepy.  There was a contest to name it and Finn won.

Board footer