Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

steifmm Posts: 18

Hello.

I've been pondering about this for awhile, I'm curious about the inner mechanism of a growler for Teddy bears. What is inside the growler and how can it make the growling noise?
I tried looking this up but couldn't find anything. Anyone knows how it works or has opened one before? Thanks!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

A growler is a cylinder with a disk inside it and holes at just one end.  If you tip one holes side down, you will not hear a noise, although you can hear air moving past the disk.  When you tip it back over again the disk falls back down again, and the air squeezing past it rushing out the holes makes the noise.  Depending on the length and width of the cylinder you will get different frequencies - the larger the cylinder the lower it will be.  Hope that makes sense  bear_original

I see. Thanks for that. Always curious about it.

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

I think you will find a bit more detailed info with regard to the construction of teddy bear growlers on:

http://www.hermann.de/fertigung/fer_st5e.htm

Marianne

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

my dear frind from tt! growler is made with  aplasti leaf wich sonnds when air come throught and squeze the bottom of the box!!! i hope to helped you!!!

Thanks for further info, that's interesting!

Board footer