Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I just wanted to say how absolutely outstanding EVERYONE's Toby submissions are.  As already said by many others, they are each more than deserving of an award and should each receive more than just a nomination.  I wish each of you the best of luck.

Now...

I also want to say that seeing all of you so graciously post your submissions says something very special about our group.  Not only do you openly share your pieces but you congratulate, encourage and praise the others for their fine work.  I really don't believe that is seen in every forum, venue or group...and I personally applaud you.   :clap:   :clap:   oh heck and a hug too... :hug:

It also makes me want to really work hard this year to better my own personal style and craft and be among you next year.  So...that is one of my New Years Resolutions...to be prepared to enter one or more of the awards...even if its only one piece.

bear_flower   bear_flower

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well said!

You gals are so very talented and such a sweet bunch!!! Good luck to you ALL, you ALL deserve to win!!!  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Like Kimmy said...so well said.  Shantell I, for one, am deeply flattered by your words. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Thank you Shantell...but I have to say, I am like you...I am getting inspired too!
I really had no idea what I was doing ( never having done this before)...but I have all kinds of ideas running around in my head now.  And do I have time to do it!
I had other 'friends' I could have entered but they were all sold and the pictures were taken at 72 DPI.  So that left them out. 
But I am getting ready for next year!  I hope you will be too!
Thank you for your kind words...these are a great bunch of gals on TT.
Nancy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
nanc*e*bears wrote:

these are a great bunch of gals on TT.
Nancy

Yes, they are and I truly feel blessed to be a part of this crowd.   bear_flower

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Nancy
I think you should enter one of your dogs as they are superb
Hugs
Gail

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a lovely thing to say, Shantell.  I always feel good when I'm here, and then even afterwards; it leaves a warm and positive residue.  We are a nice bunch, dangit! 

Thanks for saying so out loud! bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shantell said it all !!  :hug:
I'm with you !  I want to
be prepared to enter one or more of the awards this year.  bear_wub

I am getting inspired by everyones work!!  bear_smile Thank you !!
You all deserved a TOBY.  bear_flower

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

The gals and guys at TT are very much one of a kind! This group is full of loving careing and sharing people! The best I must say. Shantel you are so right and I compliment you on your loving words to those who are competing. You have been creating beautiful baby bears yourself and we look forward to your entry next year!

Many Hugs Louise

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Gail, I wanted to, but they are all living in other dog houses now and I used my Sony camera which didn't have the correct resolution for magazine...doggone it...opps, pardon the pun!
Hopefully next year!  Thank you for the thought.
You know, it is too bad we all can't get together somewhere.  TTers really are wonderful friends.  :hug:  But at 13 miles per gallon, I won't be going too far.
Sometimes it is frustrating to just be cyber friends...wouldn't it be fun to get together and make bears all day, kind of like a quilting bee...but it would be  a 'Bear Bee' ?  ...We'd have fur up everybodys nose! bear_grin
Nanc.....

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

sometimes you forget how far away we all are.  I dream of travelling BUT can't see it happening to soon so this has to be the next best thing.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Yep, congratulations on outstanding workmanship to all those who are taking part in the TOBY's this year.  It's events like the TOBY's that provide the real inspiration for establishing designers, so you are doing such an important job by putting your work 'out there'.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

(Slaps her own wrist for failing to submit an entry!  bear_cry )

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Shelli wrote:

What a lovely thing to say, Shantell.  I always feel good when I'm here, and then even afterwards; it leaves a warm and positive residue.  We are a nice bunch, dangit! 

Thanks for saying so out loud! :)

And how do you wash that off?? LOL no LMAO  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

But seriously, great point. I was shocked to look at all the submissions and I thought I was soo amazing, that these super talented artists are willing to share with us. No greed at all and that's amazing.

This is a great place, I can't imagine if we all stopped coming here.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Is there any reason why there couldn't be a Teddy Talk Award ?

Just a thought

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jenny, that's a great idea but who could be a judge - not me!  I couldn't bear to do it.   
                                                   Hugs,

Brenda

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

That would be a really hard decision to decide who would win

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Jenny...you may be on to something here.hhhhmmmmm

What a great bunch we all are.  :dance:
Nancy, I can't think if a better group that I would like to have fur up my nose with !

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for sharing your entries!  Everyone's entries are great! 

How do you decide which piece to enter?  Do you specifically make a piece to enter?

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

It would be good to set a challenge, say Easter ...or something topical...and we post maybe anonymous pictures in a separate section...then we could all vote...

Just mulling it over.....

Ripley, Queensland

Yep I get it, send it in to one moderator who lists it and then have a poll.  So it is all nice and anonymous.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA
Shantell wrote:

I just wanted to say how absolutely outstanding EVERYONE's Toby submissions are.  As already said by many others, they are each more than deserving of an award and should each receive more than just a nomination.  I wish each of you the best of luck.

Very well said.

What a wonderful bunch of talented people we have here. You are all winners as far as I am concerned!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Deb Upstate New York

When are nominations/winners announced?  I can't stand it much longer!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nominations aren't announced until February 15th for the Golden Teddy, and TOBY nominees will be notified in March.

Deb Upstate New York

Oh good grief.  Thank you SueAnn.

Ripley, Queensland

Is there anywhere you can see the Golden Bear nominees and winners?  I found the link to the TOBY awards but not the other.....

Board footer