Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi dear friends!

Here we are, in 2011 and I entered this year full of hope for luck.

Here is a handmade little card for you all (with Photoshop):
CarteFleursRoseOrange_1.jpg

2010 has been the worse year in my life. I lost precious ones, some other had very serious health matters and I still have no decent job. Well, right, I have this little job for the local newspaper (strarted in october 2010), but it really does bring ridiculous amount of money (around 150 euros per month). It is more for the fun of it and the pleasure of meeeting lots of people.

Now some positive notes for 2011.
I eventually found a new job to train for, so hopefully I will manage to do something of my professional life once trained. I am studying desktop publishing, which I enjoy a lot. Well, just started studying, to be honnest.
In the end of 2010, I went into a loom knitting frenzy and knitted warm scarves, hats and neck warmers for all my in-laws! I am addicted to loom-knitting.
We adopted a new cat, but I posted about it already. So not all bad in 2010. Also we had Wendy Ching visiting us in Spring, which was a wonderful holiday. A good way to change temporarilly my mind after I lost my poor brother.

Concerning teddy bears, they will not be my main focus of the year. But, I do have a queue of five custom bears on the waiting list. No teddy bear show this year. No teddy bear challenge in mind so far. i must focus on my studies. That is the only way to get to find a job faster and eventually earn some money!

A couple of days ago, Carolyn Green (Draffin Bears) emailed me saying she and her hubby would go to France (as part as the gift from her habby for their 25th wedding anniversary) and would have the opportunity to meet us for the second time. This should be in about ten days. So I am looking forward to meet them again.

My new status of student brought me the opportunity to buy the new Adobe Creative Design suite for a great bargain price (education price) and I strated discovering Photoshop. I love it a lot!
Desktop publishing requires to have a correct screen or double screen. As I only had a small 12 inches laptop, I treated myself with a new iMac, with a 21.5" screen. Well, my parents decided to pay everything related to my new studies, so they paid back the computer, which I think is extremely kind of them. I never had such a big screen. Now I must do my best for these studies to be succesful...

I am a little sick today and yesterday as well ; I probably caught a virus. So I did not get much done these two days. Nothing to worry about. Just my stomach a bit messed up. I should be better tomorrow.

This month is also busy with lots of meetings of associations to discuss what they did in 2010, how much they spent and ernt, what they will do in 2011 etc. So getting myself busy going there to listen, take notes, make photos and then write articles for the journal.

And that's it...
So I might not me that much active this year again on Teddy talk. My appologies...
I keep visiting Teddy talk almost everyday, though. I am always interested in what's going on.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Sophie,

Good luck with all your plans for 2011!  I am sure it will be a better year than 2010 (keeping my fingers crossed)  bear_thumb
Sorry to hear that the bear making will not be your main focus, but of course it is more important to find a good job that brings in enough money to pay the bills. 
I am also sure that once you have landed this job, you will drawn back to the teddy bears.  bear_smile

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi Peter!

Thanks for your fast answer!
Teddy bear making will never leave my life, as long as I am still able to make them. I will just make less as long as there will be more important things to focus on... bear_flower

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hope you have a fabulous year this year Sophie, and that your studies go well for you.  Have a great time with Carolyn and her hubby too  bear_original

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Sophie

Wishing you all the best for a successful and happy 2011.

Regards

Sue

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Hi Sophie all this after I had just done a post saying how much i had missed you on here. Good luck with the year and hope all goes well with your studies.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We have missed you on TT, Sophie, but certainly there are times in everyone's lives that require a change in priorities at some point.  I sincerely hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you, and will look forward to whenever you get a bit of time to let us know how things are going for you.  I especially love that your parents paid the cost of the computer/monitor as they seemed to be treating you unfairly awhile back.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

beary_clairey Luton

Hi Sophie!

Its been so long! I also love photoshop and Im an addicted photo taker! I can't say photographer as mine is for fun! LOL!

I hope you do well in your studies and am sorry to hear that you have had such a tough time!

Martin sends you beary hugs!

Claire x

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Hello dear Sophie, good luck to you for a successful 2011 - we would all deserve it so much!!!!

I do have photoshop but never used it before, my son is working so awful good with this programm and I think I should start learning it too - so lets see what 2011 will bring to all of us!!!

have so many beary hugs my dear  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_thumb  bear_flower

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Dear Sophie, sounds like you have lots planned for 2011, well done and good luck with everything I am sure you will do great.  Let us know how you get on with everything.

ps.  Thank you for the card, it was stuck in the post until after Christmas, you know what the post has been like with all the snow etc  bear_grin   Thanks so much.

Hugs
Pauline

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Sounds like you have some really good plans for 2011 Sophie  :dance:  ....and the bear-making will always be there when you have time to make more lovely bears in the future....good luck with your studies!   bear_thumb  :hug:

Board footer