Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in hosting a traveling bear....something along the lines of the site below but NOT as ott....I have a particular end project in mind...so little bear (yet to be named) would be launched into the world with his journal,  and some goodies for his hostesses (and hosts!). 

All that would be required would be that you take him to see a sight or two, help him to write up his journal, snap a photo and give him a hug (or two!) and then post him to his next destination.  The bear will be smallish so that the parcel doesn't weigh too much.  I would  really like for him to have a paper journal as this would work in with the end project but an online update would help let his friends know what he is up to.

Anyway, it's all just a thought at this stage and the finer details need to be worked out but I thought he might have a lot of fun visiting you crazy people (and your bears!)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I think it would be fun!  bear_thumb

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I did one of these on another site and it is great fun.  Once he has finished travelling he will be auctioned off for the money to go to the moon bears.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I would love to host your wee bear Melissa :hug: Western Australia is a great place for a wee bear to holiday. bear_thumb I could teach him how to say ' Gidaymatehowyagoin' 'ubeuty' and maybe even 'bycrickey' hahahahahhahahahahhah
                                                                Bonzamate bear_thumb she'llberite.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would be willing to give the little one a home for a few days or so!!! I would prefer I send it to someone in the US to save on postage though bear_original  Maybe we could make a map and send it to the closest person?? What would be done with the bear after he makes his final trip? Just curious... i really like this idea!  :dance:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I would love to host this bear for a few days.  bear_original  bear_wub  bear_smile

I am also in the planning stages of a travelling bear...Mine is my own design of a Moon Bear, but he is rather large and his postage would be high, so don't know if I can do it.  bear_smile
:hug: Ellen

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Good idea. He can come visit me on the farm and get to know my bears.
Actually, I have a bear travelling with a Lufthansa flight attendant now - he's been to Africa, the States, Japan and Europe. I'm waiting for pics.

Marion

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

that would be cool if a couple of us would do this so we could see eachother's bears in person!!!  I hope I am not stepping on toes suggesting that....

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I think this is the cutest idea! I'd love to host, although I'm not sure if there's anything very exciting where I live. I'm sure I'll think of something!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Melissa, I love your idea as well as your bears... So i would fancy hosting the bear. The only thing is that if the day I will host I am still unemployed I will prefer to send him in France or in a European country to avoid me paying too much for postage...

By the way, my favourite bear is "My true North"!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

What would be done with the bear after he makes his final trip?

well...the bear will definitely be auctioned, however I need to clear it with the charity first before I say who it is. .. I am awaiting a response. ...suffice it to say, it is animal related!!     

The other caveat being...my bears don't make a lot of money, so I'm trying to weigh up whether it is actually going to raise any money...but I'm figuring that his story and the people he visits with are going to be the real attraction.  It's also why I wanted to include a journal rather than just have an online journal, as this makes it much more of a tangible experience for the buyer.

Hi Ginger
Thanks for your comments! I 'm sure I saw a picture of your travelling bear in a magazine some years ago...in fact, this idea has been periodically
simmering in the back of my mind since then.  I too, thought that pins would be a great gift for him to take - they are light and colourful and customs has no issue with them!  And as for time, this will be a great exercise in patience...I envision this taking quite some time!

As for postage costs, I want as many people to enjoy this as possible and I don't want it to be a financial burden on anyone.   To that end, the bear will be small - no more than 6 inches  and he won't be filled up with steel shot!!  Now, I realise his small stature  will cause some problems creativity wise but I just know you talented girls can conquer that!

Thanks for those of you who have offered to host him...I will get organised over the weekend and give you a place to send details.  Please don't post adresses to this board - it raises a whole lot of privacy issues.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I love the idea! I would be so very happy to participate! Please let me know what we can do!

Many Hugs Louise

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Melissa, I would love to host your bear.  My daughter (9),  also Melissa, saw this idea on another site and begged me to have a bear come here sometime.  We would show him a good time on the east coast of Canada !

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's cool!
I'm in, I have plenty of bears in the mountains for him to visit........

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

it sounds like fun!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Me too.....I would love to take him places.....the forest, the special mushrooms that people in Japan pay thousands for, the snow.....the gollies want a guest.....it would be fun and we could include pictures?

I SOLEMNLY PROMISE TO PROTECT HIM FROM THE DRUGGIES DOWN THE ROAD!

but there's lots of neat things in southern oregon.......

I love the idea.....

dilu

hugs dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Melissa,

That sounds like a great idea and would be happy for him to come to Waiheke Island for a few days.

Hugs
Carolyn

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Thank you everyone! I will start compiling more details and get this organised

Caroline,  it is a sad fact that he will make it to Waiheke before me!  He'll be taking note of the old visa ad from the 70s..."don't leave home till you've seen the country!"

Dilu....  WE LOVE PICTURES (now whom would that be quoting!)....oh yes, pictures please!  You can stick any photos, postcards, pictures, whatever you can fit between the journal pages.

I am also going to start an online picture album thingy so that xtra pictures can go in there.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh please . . . send him to Texas!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

He needs to see Canada, too!  There's lots to see up here and would love to have him visit.

Hugs,

Brenda

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I think I need to try and squeeze myself in the box too   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin   maybe I better start the teddy talk diet pretty darn quick!!

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

:pray:  Please Please send him to Hamilton. I will show him round the waikato plus got two kids with plenty of hugs and kisses waiting  bear_wub  :hug:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Melissa,
Matilda is on the Aussie West Coast...so I can show him the East Coast huh? Perhaps he'd like to visit the Penguin Parade?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

pagoda-night.jpgpagoda1.jpgThere arent many exciting places for him to visit here... kinda boring.. but we do have the Reading Pagoda... I dont know where I could take him other than that but I can think of something creative!!!

This is a pic daytime.. it looks GORGEOUS at night... lemme see if I can find a pic...

OOOH I can take the bear to my Philadelphia Flyers hockey game if I get him by the end of March...  if not I can find another idea... maybe take him to Amish country and get a pic with horse and buggies and take him to the Gettysburg battlfields and maybe to the Boyds bear store (the huge one in Gettysburg).. he he he

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

He would have fun in Scotland too, I,m sure he would go back home with lots of stories to tell and lots of castles to investigate too.  Again maybe its too far away for him to travel.   Hugs Rita xxxx

Pages:

Board footer