Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

JO BEARS jo bears
KENT

GOLLY-BROWN-FACE-005.jpg-BEST.jpgDo you like Gollies? If so you might like this one who is so unusual.He has a hand sculpted porcelain face -big eyes and a large smiley mouth.
Golly Brown is made from mohair -some hand dyed and is cotterpin jointed for lots of poses.His wild hair is a 3" long mohair.His hands and boots are felt and I have given him a collar and bow tie and little leather and braid braces.
Golly Brown feels nice and heavy to hold as he has a bag of steel shot in his tummy.
He looks nice sitting amongst the bears!
On BEARPILE NOW
http://jobears.bearpile.com

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

funny my jo!!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Copi Khatz Creations Copi Khatz Creations
Worcester

Great to see some more gollies - they were one of my favourite toys as a child.   bear_thumb His outfit is perfect.
How do you go about handsculpting in porcelain?  I have only heard of the poured method.

Best wishes,

Copi.

JO BEARS jo bears
KENT

Hi -I pour from the mold which I have made -it is in a very rough state being a hand made mold .I then have to sculp and finish off the greenware. So each one is unique as they are all finished with the details by hand.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Great Golly Jo!

Love your sculptured faces.  bear_thumb

Board footer