Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Dilu Posts: 8,574

OK in one of her recent posts our Miss Shelli commented on being addicted to teddy-talk, because she logs on like every 20 min.  I think she is being just a wee bit  bear_wacko  but maybe not....what is addiction in the TeddyTalk world?

I log on maybe 5 or 6 times a day.   I am told by the chocolate eating hubster that this is a sign of addicted behavior.(He shold talke!!!  bear_wacko )  However there is usally so much to read that it isn't until Sunday night that I finally catch up, only to start over again Monday.

So the questions before us is:

1.  How many times a day do you stop by for a visit?

2.  Whats the first thing you do?

3.  How long does it take you to actually get through everything?

4.  Do you end up, like me, forgetting some things, like for Sale area......its way down below and I just don't see it....not good at all   :redface:

The first thing I do is see who's on board

then I start reading......this has been an unusally busy Saturday-usually it is a little quieter....hope tomarrow is or I'll never catch up.....

So fess up you teddytalkers....lets hear who's addicted and who isn't and what exactly constitutes addictions?

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

first thing I do is see who is on... I check on weekdays about 4 times a day but I am on for a while those times....  during the weekend... every couple hours I am on... I wouldnt say I am "addicted" I just dont want to miss out or fall behind in my little blue squares!! HA HA

:dance: Well Kimmy and Erin, as the resident Psych nurse I can, in all good conscience tell you I'm not addicted   :dance: and if I'm not you aren't either!! bear_whistle You sound perfectly reasonable to me  bear_wub

dilu

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Okay, now I have to ask - how do you check to see who's on?  I didn't realize that you could do things like that - told you I was computer illiterate!

As for how many times do I check TT - tooooo many times LOL  It's taken over from my email as the first place I go.  I don't spend too long once I'm on - maybe 10-15 min/time, but I'm on every couple of hours like a lot of you. 

I'm sure my hubby is confused - I was allllways kicking him of the computer to check my email, but now I check it maybe once a day.  Nothing but spam anyway - haha!    Take care.

Hugs,

Brenda

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Scroll down to the bottom of the home page and it will give a list of who is on board and whose birthday is coming up!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

ATT88.jpgATT55.jpgATT00050.jpegATT44.jpgATT22.jpgI think i get on about 4 times a day it takes me that long to get through all the info

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Great question, Dilu!  :clap:

I usually check TT out 3-6 times a day, although I've fallen way behind--bad cold and lots of 'distractions', and I can't seem to get a grip on 2006.  bear_wacko So although I've been checking in and skimming, I haven't been posting much. Lately I don't seem to have much to contribute.

I used to check out Bears for Sale and Showcase first, but now it's General Discussion. It never occurred to me to see who's on, or whose b-day is next. Neat idea.

I don't get through everything!

I'm rarely getting to the New Members Area at all  :redface: , expecting to meet them soon in another area. SO WELCOME, EVERYBODY!!  bear_flower

It's a strange phenomenon, this. Instead of feeling guilty about my TT addiction (I admit it), I'm now feeling guilty about slacking off!

Since I spend many, many hours every day tutoring online, TT is my sanity break, my donut-substitute with the day's first cup of coffee, and my general lifeline to the Real and/or TeddyWorld.

Eileen

clare14 Country Bears
England

I am a self confessed addict.  bear_whistle

My computer broke down last weekend and I haven't been able to get an engineer to come until tomorrow, so how am I here???   I moaned so much about missing my PC, my husband kept asking 'what's wrong??' when I couldn't sit still or get on with anything, and I kept calling my dad and moaning some more, they got me a computer from the office to use until I get mine fixed!!!   bear_grin   Bless them.. :hug:

Phew....I missed all of you!!!   It's so nice to be back and besides that, if you're gone too long it could take an age to catch up with the posts!!!

I always look to see who's online first too!!   I don't get chance to catch up with all the posts all the time.....but I have a great time trying!!   bear_tongue

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, dear, these days, i am checking new posts every hum, 20 to 30 min... i just cannot more than a few min far from TT!!!! Oh dear, oh dear!

I generally look at the general discussin threads first. I often check who is logged in.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Um, on weekdays I log on when i get homefrom work and stay on until I go to bed. On weekends I'm logged on all day and spend hours reading almost all posts. I do leave the computer to make lunch and to do some sewing, but not enough. I crochet in front of the computer and I read and write while watching tv, sometimes annoying hubby.  bear_whistle
Uhuh, I am really addicted. And I am covering several yahoo groups and ebay at the same time, ouch.  bear_wacko  bear_grin

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I am sporadic ..some days I'll be on and off all day..then other days not at all...when I am at work I don't always look...and then on Sundays I can go all day and not log-on at all.
In the week I check several times a day and , if there's an interesting thread started up I will check back more often.

I check the general chit-chat first then the technical stuff...then the showcase...but often if I get caught up in a thread I won't look at anything else....

I am on for about 5 to 15 minutes at a time...sometimes a bit longer...but I do genuinely limit it because I could waste my entire day away faffing about on here...

That's it me 5 minutes are up.......!!!!!!!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Teddy Talk has been a life line at points. Last year I was'nt as 'upbeat' as I should have been and it was great to come here. I feel loads better and now and am enjoying trying new things like websites, and even making bears! Theres a novelty, you know, finish a bear. bear_whistle

I don't get to check everything out but I do like to check in from time to time! Have I really posted 488 times? Thats what it says. bear_tongue

Deb Upstate New York

I usually log on while the coffee is brewing in the morning and just have a quick look (how many new posts there are, etc.)

At work I usually log on sometime during the morning, and I take a quick look form time to time, and maybe even post now and then.  Probably looks like I'm on all day long, and I guess I am logged on quite a bit, but not always "on" on.

First I check new <private> messages and respond.  Then scan general discussion for whatever catches the eye.  Recently for instance, I had to know what a "make do" bear was, what a dryer lint bear was, and what poor Shelli was addicted to.  I scan through techniques, new members.  I spend the least amount of time in needlefelting and miniatures, but try to at least take a peek once in awhile.  I try to get through as many showcase and sale posts as I can.

Probably spend a total of ... I'd say 30, sometimes 45 minutes a day reading and typing.  I know I don't get through everything like I used to when I first joined (every thread, every post), not enough time in a day now with TT growing and all.  Just do the best I can.  But definitely stay connected.

I don't routinely check to see who is logged on, but do every once in awhile.  Cracks me up when I'm up early here on the East coast of the USA and see I'm the only member logged on, and I think ... now how can that be?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I share my breakfast with all of you...... hot cinnamon oatmeal anyone?..... and that leads well into the am as I get up late and there are a ton of new posts to catch up on from the overnight. I try to get through all the topics except for the new members one... I'll see you newbies here anyway and we're all one big happy family so it's like you've been a part of the family all along!

Then I FINALLY tear myself away from the laptop when the dogs start whining, dropping toys at my feet, plunking themselves on the floor with very loud sighs, etc. So I play with them a while, do a few things, then am back on to have lunch with all of you.

I do pretty well through the afternoon.... most days. By late afternoon I'm baaaaack though! Then while dinner is cooking and I'm waiting for hubster to get home I'm here... usually allowing dinner to burn!  :redface:

I do manage to spend the evening away from the computer but as soon as hubby is in bed I settle in for some computer surfing before I head to bed a couple of hours later. I'm usually logged onto TT the whole time.

Well, when you live in the middle of no where and don't work outside the home it's nice to come to a safe place to chat and share and know you are among friends!  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_happy Leave?  Are we supposed to leave the computer???   bear_rolleyes 

Just kidding, but I'm usually on here for my morning login..after exercise of course, because I'm working on being a healthier me  bear_thumb

First thing, I check through the General Discussions, and Tips n Techniques.  If I manage to wrangle some time after that, I'll cruise through the showcase and for Sale sections...but those are hard  bear_wub  I just LOVE the creations, and it makes a dent in the pennies pile for things like fur...sigh.   bear_wub

Sometimes I check who's on, but mostly I'm busy just catching up with posts.  I think its such fun that we have TTers around the world, so there's almost always someone on here to chat with  :hug:

So yup, I'm addicted but in the nicest way possible!  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Daphne wrote:

Well, when you live in the middle of no where and don't work outside the home it's nice to come to a safe place to chat and share and know you are among friends!  :hug:

Hi Daphne, I agree!  Although I am not "in the middle of nowhere... I live in the Chicago suburbs LOL!

Yes, I am an addict  bear_grin   I check several boards probably about 12 times a day.  We leave our computer on all the time and it's a high speed connection (LOVE the Maxine cartoons by the way!) so I can check "real quick" many times a day  bear_whistle

But I am trying to be better about computer time, so I usually just scan the new messages in Discussion and check out Tips & Techniques.... also new bears (for sale and the other) but I don't post as much because I'm trying not to spend as much time on the computer... so it's hard to say "great bear!" quickly when you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.  Don't get me wrong, I understand there is a need to have that buffer there bear_original

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

First thing in the morning, I push the power button on CPU, then head for the kitchen, make the morning coffee and come back.  By then the desk top has appeared...(dial-up you know)

I head for general discussion to see all the chatter that has gone on all night, say a few words and then log off.
I probably come back3 or 4 times a day but generally come back during the late hours of the night.

Sometimes I will be log on more often, it is so nice to have friends all over the world  and be able to chat with you all ! 

I don't look to see who is on and I used to look at the sales all the time but don't do that as much...I don't know why.

I have one other chat group but I only go to that about twice a week...yep, this is my fav!
Nancy

Brenda said

Okay, now I have to ask - how do you check to see who's on?  I didn't realize that you could do things like that - told you I was computer illiterate!

go to index

scroll down to the bottom of the page, there you will see who's on, whose birthdays are coming up and what shows are happening......give it a try!

dilu

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

YEP! Addicted here! I admit it... bear_wacko

At first I would spend quite a lot of time searching various topics and just learning about bearmaking. Then I started getting to know and like everyone. bear_wub  This developed into a full blown spending-way-to- much-time-on-the-computer-with-TT habit.
The laundry piled up. The dog didn't get a bath. We frequently had sandwiches for supper. The plants wilted. The dust bunnies grew up into dust dragons. 
But I reasoned with myself myself, hey, it's research and education.
I said to my husband, "No honey, its not an obsession, it's dedication." bear_innocent

And like Daphne said:

Well, when you live in the middle of no where and don't work outside the home it's nice to come to a safe place to chat and share and know you are among friends!

Still, I had to discipline myself.  bear_sad Now I try (emphasis on try) to wait until evening to log on and then not spend half the night here. (Although it takes me so long to catch up on everything I wind up being on for a long while and still don't get everything covered.)
Sometimes I can't help myself and log on in the morning just to see what everyone is up to... and any other time the withdrawals get too intense.  bear_rolleyes

With such a lovely bunch of people here who wouldn't get adicted? bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Is Shelli really addicted?

Um... YES.

bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Am I addicted ?
Hmmmmm I think I am...  :doh:

1.  How many times a day do you stop by for a visit?

I'm trying to visit atleast 1time a day. bear_laugh
I think this is my 3rd job.....
1st...day time work.
2nd..bear making.
3rd...chat in here ! 

2.  Whats the first thing you do? 

I check *GENERAL TALK* first,
then if I have more time, I'll go to
*TECHNIC* .... Show case, Bear for sale.
but sorry everyone, I didn't see bear for
sale forum for last few days...  bear_cry

3.  How long does it take you to actually get through everything?
I think.... forever   :redface:  That's why
I missing so many posts...

4.  Do you end up, like me, forgetting some things, like for Sale area......its way down below and I just don't see it....not good at all

Yes....it's not good at all ! How selfish am I ?? bear_sad

I just wondering now...how did I made
that many posts !  :doh:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Interesting Thread Dilu!

I'm on all day. I sit at a computer at work and am able to pretty much able to check email and TT as often as I wish. I thank goodness for that! I can't imagine trying to catch up once a day. Even when I get back to work there is so much activity from our friends on the other side of the world. SO I get to work at 6am and I'm there until 5pm. That leaves alot of TT time.

Checking to see who is on-line is that last thing I do. Don't know why. The 1st thing I do is check PM and deal with those, then I start wherever. Sometimes if it's really early in the morning, I start off with showcase, or for sale bears because I'm not very chatty yet.  Somedays I'm quieter than others, depending on my mood I guess.

Takes forever to get thru everything. If I come here on my days off work, I'm amazing at how I can easily spend an hour on here.

Because I'm able to check here all day, I don't really think I forget anything.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

e42687bca8010de5cf3909f833c.jpgJane  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Board footer