Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Okay, is it just me, or does no-one else sleep properly the night before a show?  I finally gave up tossing and turning at 5:45am and dug my laptop out here at mum and dad's.  We have to leave at 7:15 to get to Rivington, so it's not too bad, but jeez, I'm forseeing being a wreck in November with 2 shows so close together, I need sleep  bear_laugh  I didn't sleep before Sheffiled either, but I thought some of that was to do with being in a hotel room  bear_wacko

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Katy,

I seem to sleep very well before a show, its a few days after it hits me........

Im coming to visit, will see you soon.

Love Kayx.

Karon Posts: 751

Best of luck Katy

:hug:

Karon

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I usually have trouble getting to sleep because I'm trying to think of all the things I've forgotten! And then keep waking up because I'm afraid I'll sleep in bear_grin
   Best of luck at the show!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Have a great show, Katy!

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

Surely the night before the show is for sewing on ears, writing tags, and finishing off that 'just one more bear' that you think you can squeeze in. Then, at 4 a.m. you have to make the decision
: 2 hour power nap V three cups of strong coffee! Or is that just me? The last show I did I very carefully packed 4 arms, 4 legs, 2 heads, 4 ears and everything needed to finish the bears in the hotel, except................2 bodies!!!!!! 

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Katy you are not alone!! I'm always a ball of nerves before a show (although I always thoroughly enjoy myself once it starts) and surprisingly it was even true for the online show I am participating in this weekend!  :o

Have a great show Katy!!!

Glasgow

Well it was another sale-free fair, but I did get some great advice, as well as some very funny stories from my neighbour across the aisle, Graeme from Apple Pie House, hey ho, onwards and upwards as they say!

Glasgow
Dawn J wrote:

Surely the night before the show is for sewing on ears, writing tags, and finishing off that 'just one more bear' that you think you can squeeze in. Then, at 4 a.m. you have to make the decision
: 2 hour power nap V three cups of strong coffee! Or is that just me? The last show I did I very carefully packed 4 arms, 4 legs, 2 heads, 4 ears and everything needed to finish the bears in the hotel, except................2 bodies!!!!!! 

Um, I was finishing bearth certificates on the morning of the fair on one of the tea tables  :redface:   Had to give up the night before to try and get some sleep, as I've not been getting much of late (should have just stayed up!)

karenaus Melbourne
Website
rowarrior wrote:
Dawn J wrote:

Um, I was finishing bearth certificates on the morning of the fair on one of the tea tables  :redface:   Had to give up the night before to try and get some sleep, as I've not been getting much of late (should have just stayed up!)

Ahhh another late finisher here!  bear_grin Writing tags at the show is usual for me, sometimes the tags get done only when the bear gets sold lol.. I'm not as hardy as Dawn tho, I'm usually stabbing myself with the needle because I'm half asleep by 11 and off to bed midnight at the latest. I'm of the school that if you have everything finished days before the show, then you need to make more bear_grin

Board footer