Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

clare14 Country Bears
England

What with all the overwhelming talent in this forum, I sometimes drift away on a daydream and think.......I'd love to spend the day with Judi learning to airbrush....then spend the day with Dilu to see those Gollies being created.....then a day with Aleta in her wonderful studio.....then a day with Shelli to see those brilliant eyelids being done.....then a day with Penny in her new sewing room......then a day with SueAnn as I'm fascinated to find out how she does her noses....well actually if I had the chance I'd LOVE to visit you ALL and spend the day.......I'd be no trouble!!! 

This is only for fun!!   

If I had a magic wand and could grant you a day with ONE other artist on the forum, who would it be and why??

Me??   If I HAD to choose, and gosh that's so hard, I'd love to visit Judi and her airbrush!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would LOVE to spend a day with Judi bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I want to spend  a day with Shelli too... I really want to sit and watch her create... but I also would love to see Judi create... Judi has moo cows though... oh such a choice bear_original

clare14 Country Bears
England

I know - it's SUCH a hard question and I would SERIOUSLY love love love to spend a day with each and every one, I'm a visual person - that's my excuse for the question!!!   bear_grin    Perhaps we should all get webcams!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I want to spend a day with Fran going through the stores where she gets her lace, and then with Deb, to see how her new studio is coming, then with Penny to see if her house is haunted and all her fun bears, then to Australia, they have sun right now and all the girls have wonderful gardens I am sure! and then to Jareds to see the bunnies.  Now I am Hungry so Sue Ann and I will go out for tex-mex at her restaurant that she doesn't have but wants to have.....and then I would go to Scotland to see Rita, and maybe stop time so that I could see all the castles, and the highlands and here REAL bagpipes and then to Julia's, I always wanted to go to the Hermitage, and then to FraNCE- were Sophie and Marie are....we would go shopping and eat eat eat....and then I wouold love to hear Janet play oboe.  But first I want to stop in Japan and see Marie.  She is such a special TeddyTalker.  How's all the snow Mairie?

Well that's day one.

Day 2?:

Well some time with Neysa, to see how she creates her whimsie's, And then to Judi's for a great big hug, and a try my hand at milking by hand again....I wonder if I still can?  Did you guys know milkmaids had very very strong hands?  And then  back to England- I want to go to the prime minister's summer house and see the first golly and then visit all our friends in England.....maybe trade a golly with Jane who will have pleanty of stock by then,and then maybe Jane could post our great big TT party?  and then to Sweden- just because-that's were sockerpling is and also Acerpencer who posts all the time.  And i would look up my own and hubster's realitives and go to that special ice hotel.  Haven't you always wanted to see that?  I have.  And then Sweden is so close to Norway I would go see Berta too....

Day 3:I want Shelli to go to Intercal's and Jenns and Erin and Donna by Yosemite and Donna who posts and I want us to spend the whole day at Intercal.  And have Kjeld teach us how he goes about choosing his products, and Quy show us how he sets up the catalog pages, and Johnna, well after a day at INTERCALS learning everything we can about mohair and the products, eyes, threads and.....we would all go out to dinner
and then....

boy am I tired.....and I didn't get to Canada

That'll have to be next week- and I didn't get to Stephanies and  and I wanted to see.....

Well after all that travel I'll sleep well tonight

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

aww you missed me  bear_cry   Sweetiekins and Rufus are upset!  bear_cry

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Well...I would like to visit with Jenny so I can learn how she does her multi-piece heads.  I really LOVE LOVE LOVE the affect of having the fur going in a natural direction...but I can't seem to get my head around ALL those pieces.

bear_grin   bear_grin

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Laura lynn, or Julia,or  Dilu, or Kimor Louise,or Anne, Or Fran or Erin or..................

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Xmas5for-email3.jpgI would like to have a HUGE get-together at one central location, and spend a day with everyone from Teddy Talk - what a day!  The hubbies would just have to stay home cuz they's never get a work in anyway LOL! :dance:

If I have to pick one person, then it would be Shelli because she knows so much about Photoshop,  I'm learning and I'm sure she could teach me everything I want to know.  It's so much fun and I'd like to become proficient at it - guess it's time to sign up for a course.  My hubby got a new picture program with his new Dell computer at Xmas and I love it.  I've spent the last two evenings playing with it.  I'd love to have a job doing this - I haven't found anything I like spending this much time with, since I discovered bear making!  It's not a bear, but I can't resist attatching one of the photos I've been playing with.  Take care and bye for now.

Hugs,

Brenda

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Oh for me ...(apart from saying that wouldn't it be great to all get together just for the hell of it....and what a shame we probably never will....) hands down it would be Judi so I can learn airbrushing from a maestro...all the other things I enjoy the challenge of fathoming out it myself....but this airbrushing lark, I think I need to see for myself someone doing it. I will do the next online workshop for sure.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I would have to say that I would spend the day with Shelli only to pick her brain about photo shop. and then I would come home and figure out how to do it in corel photo paint. Or better yet I might just send everthing to her and let her deal with it. LOL. bear_grin

It would be nice to get togethere with everyone just to visit. maybe we could work something out. Maybe have Judy bring her airbrush. Shelli her eyes and computer. I'll bring my camera and show you all some basics that I have found to work for take photos. Plus I can share where I got the information. Someone could talk about ebay, It's not just for teddies anymore, and talk about basic selling techniques on ebay, that apply to teddies and other household items that I know we all have and need to get rid of.
Bring the husbands along, we can offer a class on how to be a good gofer. he he.
For those that want selling tips we could give those too.
I am babbling...
I must stop.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Dilu I'm packing my bags and coming with you!

There is no way I could choose between you all. There is so much talent here on TT that I would definitely have to do the rounds with Di.

Hi Di Put the kettle on I'll be there soon............................................................ bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Jane  bear_flower

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I am sitting in the corner sulking, no one wants to visit me, now I am pulling a tongue at all of you, so I will not share my part of Africa with you or show you my new grand child when he/she arrives.

I will thou when a teddy bear show takes me to that part of the world plan to make a detour and pop in and visit whoever lives nearby. I also have my brother living in Australia and a very good friend in New Zealand.
bear_original
Lynette

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Lynette, I would love visiting you!

But the very first people from TT I would want to wpend time with are Julia (my sweet Russian friend) and Marie (my favourite Japanese friend). but once I would have enjoy time with them, I would take my luggages and go to visit every single person from this board, and spend a week with each of you (if you want to!!!). Cause i love you all so much! then i would invite you to come with me to Schulte fabric and we would buy a lot of mohair (we would have huge discount as a huge group of frenetic bear makers!!!)... this would be wonderful!

To be honnest, I would really want to chat more with you all. So to the ones who have Yahoo Messenger or MSN Messenge: please join me when you want! I love so much having friends all over the world!

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I would choose each person, a few days at a time, to spend with. OR, get us all together, but then we would probably need a year to meet and talk with each other. How about that, a year-long get-together of TTs?

So hard to choose, so I won't, but if I get a chance, I will.......... bear_grin
Ellen

Deb Upstate New York

Kathy, Heather, Matilda and Marion (MerBear Canada) ... just because.

I would also like to spend a day with Dilu because I could learn something about felting AND gollies.  bear_flower
I would like to meet LL so we can talk NASCAR.  :dance:
I would like to meet SueAnn because I want her to adopt me.  :hug:
I would like to meet Shelli to see if she could talk as long as she writes, and pick her brain, like Jared.   bear_grin
I'd like to meet Penny because ... well ... she's a riot.
I'd like to meet Janet because she seems so sweet and sincere.
I'd like to meet Kelly because she's right next door and is so very talented.

And the list goes on and on and on and on.

Seriously:  Did I hear someone say something about a show in Binghamton, NY?  When is it?  I'm only 45 minutes away from there.  How about an overnight?  I've got lots of room and a few of those airbeds.  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lynette,
No one wants to visit me either so you and I will get together and go live it up without them!  bear_tongue

I'd be getting on my private jet and heading to Deb's to see her new studio & puppy and visit with friends living near her that I know. Then a stop at Laura Lynn's new house then off to the west coast to visit our Californian and Oregon friends. Next stop, New Zealand & then Australia where we'll have an extended lay over as I want to visit all the girls there and the koalas and kangas and wallabees. Then to England. We'll take a couple days to tour Ireland, too (I'll take you to my favorite places and we'll eat like queens!!) and visit Mandie. Then we'll visit Canada and finally end up back in New England.

I know I didn't get everywhere but it's my jet and my dream!!!  bear_tongue Those who I didn't get to this time, I'll visit next year!

My jet seats 20 so after the pilot, Lynette and me that leaves room for 17 more..... anyone?????

Deb Upstate New York
Daphne wrote:

No one wants to visit me either so you and I will get together and go live it up without them!  :P

I knew you'd be coming to the sleepover to see me and meet Buddy!

Daphne wrote:

My jet seats 20 so after the pilot, Lynette and me that leaves room for 17 more..... anyone?????

Count me in!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Count me in too! Daphine, I would visit you in a heart beat!  Lynette you too :hug: !  No one wants to visit me bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

No pouting Lovely Lynnette- come fly around with Jane and me----planes?  Who has time for planes- we just fly.  You know, like in your dreams!

Jared!  Honey you gotta get some sleep!

dilu

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh man I agree!  I just can't decide on one!

I do love getting together while bear making and it doesn't happen very often!  It is so neat to see the different ways other people do things... even the simplest of things!  I've picked up a bit here and there and adapted it to my own method by working with other people.  My teddy bear mentor - Jo Martenson... taught me a VERY important thing... how to sew by hand  bear_whistle

I'm working on my list.... it's long and will be a while....

Deb Upstate New York
Laura Lynn wrote:

My teddy bear mentor - Jo Martenson... taught me a VERY important thing... how to sew by hand

You know, those pictures in the books are all well intending, but it would be really cool if you took "step" photos (thread in, out, in, out) for a few stiches and posted (backstich).  I've sewn for years with machine, and I can hem and ladder stich, but am not so sure of myself with sewing seams by hand.

bear_grin

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Deb wrote:

You know, those pictures in the books are all well intending, but it would be really cool if you took "step" photos (thread in, out, in, out) for a few stiches and posted (backstich).   :lol:

Yes!!!  That's why I needed Jo to SHOW me bear_original  I'll see what I can do when I get a chance!  course, someone else may beat me to it... LOL!

Deb Upstate New York

LL ~

Smooches to ya!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Not wanting anybodies feelings hurt here I think it would be lovely to meet and spend a day with everyone.  From those whose work I'm familiar with and wonder, "How do they do that?", I'd have to say Clare and Diane.  I love the way Clare ages paw pads!  And, how does Diane get those little bear heads so round?! 

I think it would be great to spend a day with a beginning bear artist as well.  I taught a mohair bear class when I lived in Seattle and loved it!  It's so much fun to share the art of the bear with others.  It's infectious!!  I'd love to spend a day with beginners again.  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer