Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

dawnandbearsml.jpgHi

Anyone who is my Facebook friend will know that in September, along with my husband,  will be trekking 50 miles to raise money for WSPA. In particular, to raise funds for the bear sanctuary in Romania where 56 bears live. These bears have been rescued from really miserable lives, and now enjoy the freedom to live out their lives in peace. Some of the bears have no claws, others are blind. The cruelty that these poor bears have been subjected to never fails to make me cry with sadness, anger and frustration.

I am now looking for help with the fund-raising. We are currently building a website that will go live on 10th April. On this website will be a large number of fabulous teddy bears that have been donated to us. Some of them will be priced, others that we think may be popular will be the subject of a silent auction.  There are old bears, artist bears, and manufactured bears. There are some really interesting ones, such as early Janet Clark and Paula Carter bears.

Our fund-raising target is £5000 I know that is a lot of money, but  if 5000 people gave us one pound each we would reach our target.  My dear son is running the London Marathon in April to raise funds for the bears.  Please help us help the bears.

Our time is becoming more and more limited as the trek is over mountains and most evenings and weekends will have to be spent walking over the hills in training. It is a very tough trek and will take a lot of preparaton.

For more information on how you can help, please see the following websites:

www.dawnandchrisbeartrek.co.uk  Will be live 10th April with lots of gorgeous bears to buy or bid on.
www.justgiving.com/dawnandchris  Fund Raising Page where safe online donations may be made
www.justgiving.com/adam-james-muir  My son's London Marathon fund raising page.

Thanks to friends, family and teddy bear and real bear lovers we have already raised  £1200 - if you are one of those that has helped so far, thank you very much. We really appreciate every donation.

I do know that times are not easy, but every little helps. The photograph was taken at the Bear Sanctuary in 2009 after I had completed the trek. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but seeing the bears safe and happy made all the pain worthwhile. So much so that I'm going to do it all again!

Thank you,

Dawn

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Good on you Dawn and best of luck with the fundraising adn the trek.

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
Clarebear wrote:

Good on you Dawn and best of luck with the fundraising adn the trek.

Thanks Clare, I really appreciate your encouragement. We now have lighter evenings in the UK so we are hoping to get out walking each evening. Sometimes it is harder to get motivated.

bear_flower  bear_flower

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Good luck with the training and trek

jissy Posts: 70

Good luck with the training!!!! Great job!

Karon Posts: 751

Hi Dawn

I would have loved to donae a bear for your auction - unfortunately though the 10th is a bit of a close call.

Please PM me when you are doing another one in the future.

bear_flower

Karon.

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
Karon wrote:

Hi Dawn

I would have loved to donae a bear for your auction - unfortunately though the 10th is a bit of a close call.

Please PM me when you are doing another one in the future.

bear_flower

Karon.

Hi Karon,

Thank you, that is really kind of you - we will be fund-raising until we go in September, so anytime would be brilliant.

Dawn  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

That lovely Dawn.

Do I just send to you postal address?

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
Karon wrote:

That lovely Dawn.

Do I just send to you postal address?

Hi Karon

Yes please, or if you are going to Stratford, maybe you could give it to me there.

Thank you very much.  bear_wub  bear_wub

That's a brilliant idea!

I was thinking last night, in bed (as one does!) that I would post you to ask if I could take the Bear to Stratford.

Of COURSE I'm going :crackup: .

:hug:

Karon

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Good luck Dawn with the training and the trek bear_thumb
I can donate one of my miniatures for the new website  so if you can pm me to let me know where to send the bear it would be great.
Laurie :hug:

Board footer