Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Snookums Posts: 285

Goliath.JPGGoliath is a gift for a very special person at church. This man is the most encouraging, wonderful man who told me that I could slay the "Goliath" in my life. I was so inspired that I created Goliath. Of course if he doesn't want Goliath, I will be more than happy to keep him. bear_wub

He's a little hard to see in the pic, but I'm totally in love with this big guy.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I'm sure your friend will appreciate him

janicemarie Gresswell Forest Bears
melbourne

Dark bears are so hard to photograph but he looks like he has lots of personality!!

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

What a cool story behind that bear.  I'm sure your friend will love him.  Sorry I can't comment on the pic, lol.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I really like his long, black fur--perfect for a big bear!

Becky

Thanks everyone!! Goliath was a big hit! I felt a pang of separation anxiety when I gave him away, though!! bear_sad

Oh well, I can make another one!! bear_tongue

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

They didn't pick on you when you walked into church with a bear, did they?  Whenever I have brought a bear with me to show someone or to get him repaired, I got a lot of jokes like, "Hey, does your bear need to get saved?"  I guess the people at my church just like to cut up and they always pick on me, though.  Plus, oh, yeah, you have eyeballs so you probably are able to keep him in your car until you can give him to your friend, oops.

Actually that is kind of cute "Does your bear need to be saved?"! Wubbie, I proudly brought him into church...where he was taken from my arms and passed around. Some people didn't believe that I had made him! bear_grin

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I brought my first bear I made to church after I finished him and they passed him around, too.  Actually, the bear needs to get saved joke was from my husband.  I guess in a way I'm afraid to bring a bear out in public because I was always told my love of bears was childish, which of course is a big load of balder dash, as they say in the UK, but for a long time I was selfconscious about carrying a bear with me.  Now, though, since I found all these bear forums and found out I was an arctophile, I'm proud of it.  Sorry to hijack your thread.

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

he looks so smooth and so weell done i would hug him!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Karon Posts: 751

I think he is lovely.

Board footer