Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Fallenrose near Cologne

Hi there!
My boyfriends wants me to create a special bear for him (with special joints like elbows and knees) - and I figured out that this bears requires straight arms and legs.
Well, I'm absolutely fine with designing straight legs - but I can't seem to figure out how to do the straight arms so that they look good....?! I mean, I can do curved arms and also bent ones - but absolutely straight ones without any curve are...a real problem for me!

Could anybody help me?

Big hugs, Ariane

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Why do you think they need to be straight?

Fallenrose near Cologne

because I need to insert two more joints at the elbow (and another one at the wrist) - and I've tried it with an Arm where the lower part is curved, doesn't look good at all^^

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Ariane

Try making the arm thicker in places rounder at the top tapering in and back out again towards the elbow and again between the elbow and the paw. This might help rather than making it completly straight. 

Amber

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Sorry, only asked as I've made jointed arms that were curved, I'm just not sure where your issue is that you think straight arms will help

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

Wouldn't your elbow joints need to be like a double neck joint?  I guess then you would need to the arms to be straightish?

cheers,
G

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

There is a book..."Bearmaking"  by Carol-Lynn Rossel Waugh, that gives patterns and explains in detail how to make a multi limbed bear.  Hope this helps...

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thanks for your answers!  :hug:

Geralye: That's exactly what I wanna do, I just sort of had forgotten the name yesterday  :redface:
So, basically i'm doing a "double neck joint" at my bear's arms and legs!

Amber: I'm not sure if I got your explanation right, but I'll try it out^^

Lenora: I'llsee if I can find this book somewhere, thanks^^

Board footer