Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Since my last post showing my teeny dolls for the Atlanta show....Kim came on with her adorable baby fairy and Sue Ann showed her amazing book (which by the way, where do I get a signed copy?)

I have posted some of my jewelry, that I make before...so lets see what other interests are out there...the talent in this group is just amazing.

Come on...show your stuff!!!

:hug:
Nancy

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Well, I'm still testing.. (have been for 3 years!) but I'm working on soy candles.  I'll get them on my website eventually bear_wacko   

I like soy for 2 reasons, almost no black soot and it helps the US farmers.  My cousins used to raise soybeans in IN and lost their farm... so it has a little extra meaning for me.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Sorry, I have searched but I did not find : could someone post the link to the thread about Sue Ann's book ?
Thanks a lot !  :hug:

I'm on the forum Creafigs' :
http://creafigs.com/index.php

I'm learning how to sculpt very small fantasy miniatures there :).
I think I will try mini dolls, some day :).

Hugs  :hug:.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Nanc.... I've never seen the jewelry pics before... anyway you can repost them here!?  I looked at your website the other day... It's gorgeous! 

Laura Lynn... I saw some soy based candles in a little gift shop we have here in Hudson... neat!

Marion... What a neat place!  I couldn't figure out how to view the pages in English... but my college French got me through, and the photos don't need translations!!!!!! How cool!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Deb Upstate New York

Nothing to post just now, but my mind goes crazy with things I could/should be doing with my embroidery machine.  I want to make myself a canvas tote bag wtih bears embroidered on.

The cool thing about embroidery patterns, is that you buy them, then they are yours to put on whatever you want and even can sell.  The only thing you can't do is sell the pattern, and why would you.

I bought the machine to do embroidery on bridesmaids dresses for wedding that's been called off ... but we won't go there.
bear_happy

I also sew (clothing) and have a quilt started.  And cakes.   I do wedding cakes (for friends, not for hire).

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

flower4.jpgflower2.jpgflower1.jpgValentinecookie1.jpgWell Nancy,
I bake cookies! My sister in-law and myself are getting a little something started. These are butter sugar cookie with a hint of almond flavor. The icing is a great tasting poured fondant icing also with a hint of almond flavor.
With royal icing for decorating. The cookies are 5 inches in diameter. They are not the thin crispy type, they are around 1/2 inch thick. The last 3 are a rolled fondant, and are around 3 inches in diameter. We also make the cookie bouquets!

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Hi Everyone:

Roxanne your cookies are wonderful, I am getting hungry looking at them.  Do you do the ones on a stick?

My other hobbies include: making jewerly and candles.  I also knit and crochet.  I have three home embroidery machines which sometimes run at non stop.  When my daughter was in dance, I made their dance costumes for their performances.
Laurie

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I like to crochet; used to make the very fine lace doilies, now like to crochet bears. I also like to knit and sew.

Marion

Matthea Ontario

~ I just stared to knit (I love it!)

~I also needle felt (thanks to everyone here I'm hooked and so is my husband!)

~I used to be a dancer, and fumble around my house to get exercise (rolled my ankle last week - note to self: don't put on pointe shoes again until I build my ankle strength)

~Cooking and baking (I used to stink at cooking, but I've been on a learning curve and now I'm quite proud of myself with my progress)

~I collect Harry Potter cards (nerdy, I know, but they are sooo cool! Some cards have pieces of costumes or props from the movies!)

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

When I want time away from bear-making I love my Cross-stitch and Card -Making. But being a Tailoress I still make a lot of my family's clothes,I also like knitting and crochet, so I am always busy doing something.  Hugs Rita xx

Roxanne,you are so clever ,do you make your own confectionary too.??

I think all TT members are so clever and we never get bored do we.?????

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
Matthea wrote:

~I used to be a dancer, and fumble around my house to get exercise (rolled my ankle last week - note to self: don't put on pointe shoes again until I build my ankle strength)

Hey!!!! Me TOO!  Classically trained... I danced professionally with Cleveland Ballet before they disolved, when I was in my early teens!  Very cool Matthea!  Vicky is also a classically trained dancer & Judi does ballroom!!!!  We have several dancers here! 
You know what's funny... my ankle are completely shot at this point, but I have found that my ballance is WAY better than it used to be... I betcha after three kids my center of gravity is a whole lot LOWER than it used to be... easier to center one's self with a lower center of gravity!

ROXANNE... my mouth is watering, my tummy is grumbling... but those cookies are so pretty, I might not actually want to EAT it!!!! 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals
http://www.picturetrail.com/bastadolls

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So many wonderful talents. (I want cookies now!)

I quilt... or like to say I do.... I'm not big on making bed sized quilts... takes too long... but lap size or smaller. I've been making teddy bear quilts, wall hangings and table coverings and am almost finished my hubby's lap quilt.

I also make custom curtains... by word of mouth, it's nothing I advertise. It all started when the builders who built our house wanted to show it to perspective clients... those clients had a realtor with them and she commented on the curtians in our house (all of which I've made and they aren't fancy) but she wanted my card! She was a little surprised to see a teddy bear on it! Ha! I've had a few of her clients, buying new homes, contact me since.

I day dream about all the other things I want to learn.... rug hooking and basket weaving are at the top.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Terries-Kin-029d-2450.jpgIt is fun to see all of the other talents that people have! The cookies look delicious and very creative! Soy candles are a great idea! Nancy, I missed the pictures of your jewellery, you should post a picture here. Marion, like you, I do a little sculpting. I make little gnome type people that I call Terries Kin.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I used to crochet up a storm and Im self taught!  The first project I did was a table cloth which was 6 feet in diameter!  I wouldn't suggest that for your first project - it took me forever to finish bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Since my friend and I opened our business that takes up a considerable amount of time.  And I have to make time for bear making!   bear_wub  bear_wub

I am also helping my daughter open her own business making soaps, bath bombs, bath salts, milk baths, lip balm etc etc etc.  Her first projects have gone really well.  The one is soap petals - a onetime soap flower petal that are very very pretty!  You wash your hands with them and then throw away the remaining petal.  They have been a real hit and they come in, I think, 5 different scents!  Shes a stay at home mom who needs some extra cash!

Jane

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Well it sounds like we are a very talented group.........
I design my Dolls N Dreams dolls, I love needlepoint & painting, cooking & baking, except this high altitude is working me over with my baking   bear_angry   

It will take some time to get use to I guess. 

And my new love.........making bears  bear_wub

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Wow what a tallented group!!!!! I also do many things. I know some of you have already seen some of my baskets on my web site. I have been weaving baskets for over 30 years. Here is one that is not on the web site yet, as I just finished it. It is a special order for someone who has a Python & was tired of carrying it around in a pillow case...Now the snake will travel in style!montypython3a.jpg

Also in my list of things I do are spinning, knitting, sewing, and beadwork.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I make greeting cards and do cross-stitch (just like Rita!!) and my current project is putting together an album of my bears.

I really want to learn quilting.  My mum teaches patchwork and quilting - I made a couple of small quilt-tops a few years ago and have just started buying fabric for a new quilt for myself. 

I just want a 48 hour day and a life in which I don't have to work or commute to work which takes up too much time out of my day!!!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Reading through all the posts I began to realize all the things I used to do before my all consuming passion for bear design.  I've dabbled in just about everthing here but dance and basket weaving, though I truly admire the artistry and skill of both.  I sculpted for a few years and even managed to land an artist contract with Enesco designing dolls and figurines.  My disenchantment with the reproductions of my work led me, in a round about fashion, into bear design.  At the time I was sculpting a line of teddy bear figurines and looking at books about bear design.  One thing led to another.......

Enesco never did get my teddy bear figurines.....they're packed in a box somewhere.  Perhaps someday I'll pull them out of the box and pick up clay again.  For now I'll stay with huggable mohair bears.   bear_original

Another passion of mine, and one that has far surpassed any other dabblings, is interior decorating.  Looking at pictures I've posted, I'm sure a few of you had already clued in on that little detail.   bear_original

Thank you for starting this thread Nancy!  It's been really enjoyable learning a little bit more about the members of Teddy Talk.   bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Marion, I found that thread with Sue Anns book. It is way down the list of messages. http://teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=4113

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

racoon-and-puppy-front.jpgpunkin-face.jpgponderous-and-uni-2.jpgpeekablue-in-hand.jpgmystica.jpgMystica-red-7.jpgglobe9.jpgDSCF0052.jpgBunnies4.jpgBig-family6.jpgAlright, happed to be having a nice lazy day today and feel like sharing.
Here are some pics of what other art I like to do, altough teddy making is my Favorite by far! I use plymer clay and love to felt.

I'm also a baker by trade, but don't do that anymore. I can make cake and cookies but nothing like Roxanne's Amazing!

Doesn't Terrie make the cuties little guys?? I love them soo much!

Charlotte what a great basket! I can't even imagine how you would begin that project.

This is a great post, MOST PICS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Until I started to make Teddy Bears I used to do wool embroidery, tapestry, free machine embroidery, crocheting, even got a quilt that needs quilting one day ....... Roxanne I love the cookies they are amazing...there sure is a wealth of talent on TT

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Wale.jpgjullopare.jpgkompass.jpgI quilt, crochet, knit, needlefelt, embroider (cross-stitch, petit-point, hardanger and more), bake, cook, plan to try my hand at jewellry making, have sculpted in clay and tried lots of different crafts as a child.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

AB1D.jpgAirbrush_TIGER.jpg

Lots of talent here on this board!

I also do airbrushed paintings, ink drawings, pencil drawings, and I like to knit bears and toys.

This tiger I airbrushed onto the back of a denim jacket.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

What a wonderful treat, seeing these wonderful things.  When the camera finishes charging I, too, will share some pictures.

Deb  I created my own designs for machine embroidery.  I had a computer program that let me scan in  or draw my own pictures and then set the stitches I wanted and colors, outline, etc.  I liked doing that because when I first started  machine embroidery the CDs with patterns on them were unbelieveably expensive.  I couldn't afford them.  But for the cost of 2 CDs I was able to make hundreds of designs.

Oddly I started with teddy-bears.  This was long before I was into Teddybears.  I also did a lot of flowers, trees etc.  It was a lot of fun, but the learning curve was a good year.

I was really sick and had to stay lying down on the couch or bed.  With this program I could have the lap-top on my tummy and work through the steps. 

I really am glad I did. It gave me more of an appreciation for the amount of work that went into embroidery designs.

Roxanne You beautiful cookies look too yummy to eat....They are beautiful.

Terrie  How adorable your little elfs are, they are simply adorable.

Charlotte  What a beautiful basket. I love that you know how to make them!  I have one of my grandfather-in-laws, made by the Pueblo Indians back in the 1920's when he was one of the first Forest Service rangers- I think it was Pueblo....no one seems to remember for sure.  But he was stationed in Arizona and he worked closely with the Indians there.

Heather  What fun things you showed us.  We had seen many over the past 6 months but it is really something to see your works all pulled together, quite impressive.

Thank you all, it is like an arm chair trip through an art museum.  I truly mean this as a  compliment.  I  love seeing all the beauty that you are able to create.  What a blessing for our world, be it a big world or a small one.  Beauty created is never energy wasted!

with great big gollywolly hugs!

dilu

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

This is so much fun...I am like most of you, I have dabbled in just about everything.
Quilting, calligraphy, needlefelting, glass beads on a minor torch, sculpting...oh gosh, it just goes on and on.
Kim asked if I would re-post a piece of my jewelry I make.
This is a ring I just finished a little while ago for a lady.
I have sold rings right off my hand, which to this day...hubby just doesn't understand.  hahahaha!

Board footer