Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I am working on a 24" bear with a stuffed nose.  I thought a nice big stuffed nose would be so cute on her.  OK, my question is, how on earth do you keep the threads from falling down the sides of the nose and piling up at the edge?  I am going crazy here and she is due tomorrow at her new home!!!

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Hi Leonra i find if i put a very slight cover of paper glue The one the kids use at school also used in offices on either the felt template or directly onto the fur then embroider first layer os stiches across nose it really does help also also i do same at each end of nose as i have layered the thread if you do it very litely you cannot see it I also make very big teddies with big noses,try on a piece of fabric first,gosh hope you understan what i am trying to say
Regards Paula

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I agree with Paula. A thin layer of glue spread over whatever surface you're embroidering over should do the trick.  (I'm assuming you're putting some stuffing under a piece of felt or something? Although my first thought was a bear with a bad cold - you know, a stuffed nose? :lol:) Do one side and take some stitches, then the other side, otherwise the glue will be dry before you get to it. Then when you do the second layer of stitches, you should have a nice base.

Becky

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Lenora, I wish I could help you, but I just have to give Becky a womp womp womp on the piano.

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Thanks gals...yes, I have used a felt template nose and stuffed it.  I think perhaps the glue is the clue plus putting stitches horzontal first then vertical.

Board footer