Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Mass produced bears.  You mean like my beloved bears???

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I don't know if yours were mass produced but they are not recent ones...

Missouri
Website

I am sure my Beddy Bye Bear was mass produced but long ago!

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Some of them are.  I think Arcto may just be a few years old, not sure.  Some of my bears are very new, but most are older because I love adopting secondhand plushies that people don't want anymore.

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

I'm just talking about general bears & stuffed animals coming out of China.  For example I collected a line called West Cliff for years, but then they changed their name to Classic Collection and the quality went way down but the cost of the stuffed animals didn't change bear_sad I was so disappointed with the last few things they made.  No longer making items jointed, cheaper fur, not airbrushing, plastic eyes instead of glass, and stuffing with something weird LOL.  So no I'm not sure which bears you're talking about, but I was just talking about more recent changes.  Even companies like TY & Gund have cut down on their quality in some areas.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

What's wrong with unjointed teds with plastic eyes?  I love that type of bear, and besides they're more accessible for kids.  I have noticed, though, that whenever I go into a store like Walmart and I look at their plushies, it's major league blah.  They don't even have bears anymore and it's always that weird texture instead of fuzzy fur.

Missouri
Website

Exactly Jessie.  And, you don't want to buy your child a toy from China!  There is no telling what you may be getting.

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Oh there is nothing wrong with unjointed bears & plastic eyes, when your buying for a child or you want that style.  When I make kid safe bears I do it this way.  What I'm saying is if a company for years has made something one way & then suddenly changes to cheaper plastic eyes but does not change the price tag it's a let down to a collector.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Yeah, I see what you're saying.  I wouldn't pay $$$ for a lot of the plushies I'm seeing at the store today.  If I'm going to pay a lot for a bear, or if I could pay a lot for a bear that is, it would be an artist bear or an antique. 

Lenora, I love you to death, but Arcto was made in China.  He is giving you a big ol' womp womp womp.  Sorry, piano player joke.

Missouri
Website

Sorry Arcto!  Didn't mean you but I would not give a toy made in China to a small child!

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Why is that?  How would you know whether there is anything in the plushie that shouldn't be there?

Missouri
Website

There have been lots of them found with carcinigans in the filling. They don't have such strict guidelines for childrens toys as we do.

Board footer