Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

AdCourtSitsW.jpgHi... we are getting too quiet here in mini land... don't you think.... anyone else making any wee ones?  Let's see some pics!  After tiny Tabitha.. I decided to make some larger minis.... it's nice to be able to put in a few extra details sometimes....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 5659251379

Oh... and yes... that's another sassy faric, one that really works nice in this size range... I can't remember what it's called... Hmmm....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Courtney is toooooo cute, Kim . . . the colors are glorious!  She will make some new mommy very happy!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Just fantastic, Kim !  bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

ADORABLE!!!  bear_wub  I dunno why but I thought this little one was a kitty bear_original

Hudson, Ohio

Thanks girls!  And Kim Bee... I think she DOES have a very kittenish face... I think that several of my recent bears have looked a bit feline in the face.... i am still dying to get a cat!!!!!! Just craving one.... so it doesn't really surprise me!  If your squeeze little Courtney's ears into a pointy shape... she IS a cat!!!! Sorry Courtney....  bear_cry 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Kim, you've done it again! Little Courtney is just GORGEOUS! As, of course, all of your bears are! I really need to order some fabric from Sassy and try my hand at it. You're truly an inspiration!  bear_wub

Hudson, Ohio

Thanks Sandi... what are YOU working on lately!!!? 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

( Squeel ! ) Awwwww....He is soooo cute !!! ...Winney

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

You just get better and better. I've tried the chenile pipe cleaner in the arms and it does work very well. Thanks for all your input Kim, is keeps us going! :clap:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Kim, you are such an inspiration for me to get out my sassy fabric and make a mini. I just get hooked on the bigger ones.

I love this one! Awsome!

WildThyme wrote:

... what are YOU working on lately!!!?

Hee hee...I have a terrible habit of starting something and before I finish it I get an idea for something else and put the first one on hold. So...I have two different crochet pandas that I'm working on. One is completely crocheted and in the middle of getting stuffed. The other one needs one more leg and then stuffed and finished. I also have a synthetic plush which would've been my first sewn teddy, except I wasn't crazy about the fur once it was sewn together. And about the same time that I was figuring out I didn't like the fabric, my first ever order of mohair came in so I immediately started a mohair bear. So I have 4 bears on the table right now all somewhere in the middle stages! My bad...I know!

Hudson, Ohio

Sandi... I don't blame you on the "new fabrics thing" I just can't wait to dive in when I have something really new!  I wanna see those crocheted pandas though!   bear_innocent

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Dilu Posts: 8,574

wonderful Kim Truly adorable

dilu

Okay, okay!  bear_grin I like to list my bears on the weekend so I will try to get at least one finished by the weekend!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Kim, she is absolutely adorable! and she does kind of look like a kitten....very cute!!!!! I have a couple of new little guys that are waiting for their photo shoot, I will post them here when they are done.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Sandi - your table sounds like mine - I don't even want to think how many bears I have half done - we had a long weekend this weekend so I managed to finish off three but there are way more in that box!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Way Cute! but all your bears are adorable!  bear_thumb I kept hearing you all talk about 'sassy fabrics' and wondered what they looked like. Now I know. It has a really lovely length to the pile for wee ones. Now I understand all the talk. Matilda bear_flower

Hudson, Ohio

Matilda...  there are actually a bunch of fabrics that we refer to as "sassy fabrics," the one Courtney is made of is but one.  Stephanie, who posted another thread with a couple of her newer designs is the owner of "Sassy Bears & Fabrics."  Lots of lovely fabrics to choose from that are all mini appropriate.  Truly one stop shopping for the wee ones!

Everyone who has promised pictures... I'm holding you to it!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kim, very cute.  I know you were using leather for lids on bigguns and thread for lids on smaller ones, but this one is in between.  How did you resolve the eyelid issue on this size?

She's delightful, and I love her color!

Hudson, Ohio

Hey Shelli!  We redid some of our window treatments recently as we had a sort of mishmash of varying mini blinds all over the place.  AND.... what I've been using on the larger minis is window blind cording!  Now, some of it was very thin, and some was larger... I used the very thin stuff on Courtney... painted a bit with Genesis brand heat set oil paints.  I've used the thick window blind cord on a couple of larger custom ordered bears recently as well.  Man... I see something "cord-like" and between 1 and 3 inches in diameter, and I am all over it, no matter what it is! 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals
http://www.picturetrail.com/bastadolls

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I hear ya.  The bears currently on my desk have elastic cording eyes.  They seem to hold a bit better to the eye with super glue, but I don't like the thickness as much as I do the leather.  Now YOU get to be my inspiration; I may just have to try that window blind cording idea!  I've seen satin cording and used it once but it frayed; window blind cording should hold together better with less fraying.  Yay!  Thank you!

Hudson, Ohio

Shelli... the window blind cording didn't really fray that much... but I did sort of seal the ends off to prevent fraying with some Fabritac glue.  I played around with some satin cording once too... it drove me so nuts I just pitched it!  But... I wonder if you sealed it with some Fabritac first..... It is so lovely and soft looking.... may have to pick up some the next time I'm out an experiment a bit with that again... I'd pretty much forgotten about it....

Beary truly yours,
Kim basta

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Kim, gorgeous as usual! I don't even need to comment on your bears!!!!
I love them all, as does everyone else!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Stephanie - I was just about to paste the link to your website LOL.. guess I dont need to now :)

So now you can tell us.. what is this material called that Kim used?  I'm itching to buy some... if my bear on ebay does well  bear_whistle

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

I call it extra-long pile cashmere. 1/4" pile and very dense with the tiny knit back that doesn't fray, but it does stretch (thank goodness I finally found the Magic Fabric Fixer!). Looks like this color is Light Brown, it's really more the color of cocoa. Tabitha's pic shows the color accurately, better than my site does.  bear_whistle

Board footer