Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Hi Everyone:

Last night I rushed home after work at 4:30 p.m.,  and all I wanted to do was continue to work on my bear pattern.  Dinner consisted of noodles and left over roast in a gravy sauce, fast easy - cleaned up the kitchen then on to my bear.  I am working on the body all went well I managed to design a four piece body with a heart cut out of the chest then sewen in with a different color.  I looked up at the clock at it was midnight! Where did the time go?

Well I guess dinner will be a grilled cheese sandwich tonight for my hubby and daughter because I need to do the legs and arms  bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Join the club, hon!!!!!

My hubby is lucky he gets anything to eat at all that isn't out of a box!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Yes, I think it happens to all of us LOL!  Last night I decided to make a larger pattern - about 9 inches tall.  I've never done it before, being a mini artist, but thought it would be something different.  I finished the pattern, cut out the bear, while watching the results of the Canadian election coverage and poof - it was 1:30 a.m!  So much for getting to bed early.  I'm supposed to be working on our house but last night I just needed a break.  Now I'm dying to sew it, but don't have the time.   I guess the old expression "time flies, when you're having fun" definitely has some truth to it!

Hugs,

Brenda

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

that is what happens when you enter teddy world. bear_wacko  bear making has its own time zone  bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I am routinely up after midnight, totally immersed in a bear and unable to pull myself away, esp. because I have no idea how late it's gotten.

Once, years ago, my kids convinced me to try out their new computer game, ROLLER COASTER TYCOON.  You design roller coasters and amusement parks, and people come.  Some of them get sick and barf on your rides!  You then "hire" handymen to clean and maintain the park, and establish concession stands, etc.  So this particular PC game had far more interest for me than the typical shoot-em-up, men-in-uniform, kill-the-boss, game I'm more used to.  It seemed somehow... above all that.

However... as I tinkered with it, near their bedtime -- because they had finally gotten OFF the darn game,  to give me a chance for that "try" they insisted upon! -- I realized that you could also LANDSCAPE the park!  Flowers, fountains, trees... and so many ways to arrange them.  Oooh!  Ahhh!

I sat down to play around with it, as a first-timer, "for just a few minutes"... sticking shrubbery here, and park benches there...

... and the next thing I knew it was 3:30 a.m. 

NO JOKE.

So, yeah... I know about losing time.  Totally.  I hear ya, sister.

bear_original

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Shelli:

I bet you had the prettiest amusement park on the game  bear_thumb
Did your kids like it? I remember those days with the Nintendo games, having to wait until daughter went to bed, then I had my chance to beat her score bear_grin
Laurie

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

It WAS a pretty park, thank you for noticing, Laurie! :)

Unfortunately, I never made it to "tycoon" because I spent too much time and budget on plantings and not enough on ride development and testing, marketing, food stands, etc.  But it WAS pretty!

My older son, Toby, loves video games... but I've gotta admit, they just don't have that much appeal for me.  Maybe it's a chick thing; I'm a pretty girly-girl, and just can't get that into pretending to be a character that dons an AK-47 just for fun.  Maybe if they played "NintenDogs."  But, then... they don't.  Figures.

Laughing here...

I do remember the days of PONG and ASTEROIDS, however, from when I was a little girl.  Now THOSE were fun!  If I could I'd have a CENTIPEDE game built right into my family room wall.  Whee!!!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Well, we all knew you kept yourself busy, Shelli.  I just didn't realize you spent your free time landscaping amusement parks  bear_grin

Hugs,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I SAID I DID IT ONE TIME!  ONE TIME ONLY!!!!

bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_tongue

This was before the days of my teddy infatuation and obsession.  I don't have time, after midnight, to landscape virtual amusement parks anymore.  No... now my after-midnight time is spent either creating teddy bears, or visiting teddy bear forums to play catch up...

bear_original

Deb Upstate New York

Roller Coaster Tycoon ... I had to uninstall it from my pc.  The kids had all these parks that were making a ton of money.  I went broke.  Too much time spent landscaping and making the restrooms convenient to the eateries, etc.  Good Lord!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Yes, that's it, exactly!  A kindred soul, you are, Deb!  You know what I mean!!!!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

You gals crack me up  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_wub  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

No Hubby is fighting that battle now.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY
Shelli wrote:

Oh sure, that's how it starts.  Next thing you know, you're sneaking into Six Flags with petunias in your pants.

bear_tongue
Kelly

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Shelli wrote:

I do remember the days of PONG and ASTEROIDS, however, from when I was a little girl.  Now THOSE were fun!  If I could I'd have a CENTIPEDE game built right into my family room wall.  Whee!!!

OH Shelli, PONG? DENTIPEDE?? LOL I have to admit video game have gotten MUCH better ya know??
I can see how they don't appeal to you though. Although, I could suggest a good few games you would love to play. It's just hard having nothing but boy games in the house.

You still crack me up, pretty MS. Shelli! LLOOOOOL

Deb Upstate New York
bearlyart wrote:

Oh sure, that's how it starts.  Next thing you know, you're sneaking into Six Flags with petunias in your pants.

Hahahehehehe ... <snort> ... hahaha ... <snort>!
a065.gif

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

bearlyart wrote:
Shelli wrote:

bear_tongue
Kelly

Hey, I might try that, just walking around town here in Chico.  Who needs SIX FLAGS for that kind of thrill?

bear_happy  bear_tongue   bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I like Rollercoaster tycoon!!! It is addictive!   bear_laugh

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I'm already addicted to TT!  I don't need something else to be addicted to! bear_grin  I bearly have time as it is!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Me too, Jenn--I stink at games of any kind anyway!

Maybe we need a special time zone? We've got EST, CST, GMT, why not TTT?

Some days I'd just like Superman to stop the rotation of the earth for a while, and gimme a break!

Eileen

Board footer