Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Jack5650.jpgI created this bear for the 'Guild of Master Bearcrafters' 'A Teddy Bear World' challenge and thought you might like to see the results of what happens when a bear maker takes time out to set aside her usual design work and get involved with a completely alternative project!

The challenge was to create a bear from the colours of your national flag, using white mohair and dye.  The advanced element of the challenge was to then design the bear in the style of a manufactured bear from your own country, from between 1900 and 1960.

I wonder if you can guess which style and which decade I chose? bear_tongue

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I love the style of the bear and what else could it be but a Chiltern Hugmee??  bear_tongue  Maybe 1950's?

I'm not too crazy about the colours, but then you'd have to change the Union Jack to my old-fashioned taste.  bear_grin

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

You got some lovely bright colors, and that face is so engaging!

I think Peter is right about the style you were after. bear_original

Becky

Ursa Major Creations Posts: 28

I agree with Peter  I think  the style is a Chiltern Hugmee and the period is 1950's
good representation of the Union Jack flag colours.and name you picked.nice bear.

Sarah's Bruins Sarah's Bruins
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Website

As soon as I spied him on your blog I thought Chiltern! His pattern is spot on and what a great name! I love the dickie bow bear_original

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Congratulations you guessed right - that's a relief!  bear_tongue

Thank you so much for your positive comments!

Board footer