Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi dear friends!

Has anyone either used silk thread instead of the usual cotton perle thread or twisted thread to embroider teddy bear noses. Does it work as nicely?

Thanks,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I know some artists use silk thread on mini bears. I have not tried it myself though.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Iv'e used the stranded silk embroidery thread quite often for full sized bears.  It is a bit fussier to work with than DMC cotton embroidery thread, but I do like the soft sheen it has.

Kim Basta

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks for you input, dear friends. I will try not to forget to let you know how it worked for me. So far, the bear is not even cut. Waiting to have a moment to start it. I have the materials piled up on my desk and waiting!!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

A stranded thread is usually what we think of as the type of thread that is used for embroidery and counted cross stitch.  It's a thick piece when you unwind it from the little skein... but can be separated into 6 little threads as well.  Many times in embroidery or cross stitch you are instructed to use just one or two or three threads.  A non-stranded thread would not be able to be separated, or isn't intended to be separated.

DMC is actually a brand of sewing supplies.  They make lots of different kinds of threads for use in various needle arts.  When folks say "DMC" here though, they are generally refering to the DMC stranded embroidery cotton.... the stuff omost often sold in USA stores for general embroidery work and counted cross stitch... and also frequently used for bear noses. 

Hugs,   
Kim Basta

Board footer