Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

FrancesAnne Isle of Wight

Does anyone know where I can buy Loc-Line in the U.K. ?  I Googled it but the two suppliers I found only supplied industrial customers, and shipping from the States makes it way too expensive for me.

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Hello! I have a suggestion...I have never used loc-line myself, and I have the same problem you do. You can do armature yourself though, in a very cheap and effective way. I found out about it here on TT, just have a look in the library (under JOINTS) where they discuss armatures. It can be done with electical wire, that is easy to find and affordable. I tried it on my mouse Serafino and it worked wonders!

PS: and another way of doing them by yourself is suggested by Joanne Livingstone in her blog (desertmountain bear)....thanks Joanne for the ever useful tipps!

FrancesAnne Isle of Wight

You must have read my mind Francesca, I was just reading through the Library topics!  Lots of great ideas there.  As this is my first realistic bear I may try the electrical wire method first before I splash out on Loc-line.  Serafino looks lovely - and very articulate!  bear_grin

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I use CR Crafts, they are not in the UK, but the US.  Did you check them for shipping prices?   And wiring also does work really well.  I use 16 gauge aluminum wire.  It is strong and thick but bends easily.  I purchased that online, but you could try the hardware store. 

Joanne

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

I also buy my locline from CR Crafts.  They sell it by the foot.  The shipping is very reasonable.  Just make sure you keep the value of your order below the amount that attracts import duty.

Regards

Sue

Board footer