Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

elektrik Posts: 5

Hi All-I was hoping you could help me find a stuffed animal for my girl (I know how ludicrous this sounds!).  My family lived in San Antonio in 2004 - 2008 and attended the Poteet strawberry festival, where she 'won' a carnival stuffed purple dog when she was 2 1/2 (the carnie let us purchase it for her).  She has since lost it and I've been trying to find the manufacturer of that animal.  I'm not necessarily asking for anyone's help finding the stuffed animal, but perhaps someone might know who the manufacturer was back then-If I could find the manufacturer, it might be easier for me to search for a replacement (or perhaps even to contact them directly to find one).

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's 'floney':  floney.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Could you give us an idea of how tall this toy was and do you have other photos from different angles?  It will be difficult to track down a stuffed animal from a carnival, but we'll try to help.

elektrik Posts: 5
SueAnn wrote:

Could you give us an idea of how tall this toy was and do you have other photos from different angles?  It will be difficult to track down a stuffed animal from a carnival, but we'll try to help.

Awesome!  Thank you!  I'll try to get more pictures....in the meantime, here's the description:

Purple hound dog.  He was a carnival prize at the poteet strawberry festival (approximately 2005).  I know the carnival people are 'alamo attractions' and the manufacturer was 'powerhouse toys' (I'm guessing).  I even had correspondence from powerhouse toys stating that they ' I’m not sure who made that item because there are so many vendors in the carnival business.  Unfortunately most items are discontinued every year unless it is a licensed character.  If it is just a plain dog/bear/animal it likely is not being made any more.  Sorry.'  He's approximatly 12 - 14" in size (although there weresmaller sizes mad-at this point I'd even settle for a smaller version!).   I'm unsure as to the exact materialbut I believe it was something like cotton.  I hope that helps.

Board footer