Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Hi my dearsest beary friends....  :hug:

DO you all remember me?

I have not been a very good bear person, I have totally slacked off!
Not only am I not sewing anymore, I'm not even reading or posting anymore.  :redface:

Please forgive me. I feel kinda sad... I am packing up all my sewing stuff today to store in the garage.  bear_cry
The baby will be here soon, and I need my office to be more of a nursery, SOOO I also need to clean up and pack up my surplus sewing things. I feel so very sad to put all the mohair in plastic tubs......

I'm tempted to sell most of it off, but I really hope to be back sewing soon, when I don't have a belly getting the way. We also hope to move by June, and then I will have a new place for my sewing stuff!

This whole transition into mommy-hood is quite an experience.  :dance: I am 34 weeks (AKA 8 1/2 months), and I can't see my feet!! I have 3 more weeks of work. I am starting to get the dreaded "cankles" and puffy fingers! Definitely could NOT see myself doing any face sculpting right now!

My work is throwing me a tiny shower next Friday and My Mom and sister-in-law are throwing me a Lovely bash the following weekend! I feel so very spoiled, and so happy that all these people are showering their love on my baby girl! I can't wait for her to arrive.   bear_wub

I just wanted to say "HI" to all my friends whom I miss. I will try to read up, but I can't promise to post much!
Bear hugz to you all!
Kirsten

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Kirsten, We miss you too! I was wondering how things are going with you. :hug:   Take care of yourself and the baby!  Many, many, hugs Jenn

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh Kirsten...Having a baby !!! Congratulations!!!! I do remember when I had my 3, your time is all used up ....at first........ So if you have to put things away for now..it wont be long and you will be back at it again soon...time passes by quickly.
I cant tell you how many times I have had to do this not only for the babies  but for just about every other crisis in life...which was many times ..... too many but...the wee bears were still created here and there... as they have such happy faces and are constant reminders of why the simple things in life are so important....something such as a teddy bear often made me feel more stable in the face of complex problems...

This past year I have experienced  a consistence illness that has  taken me away from making my bears a lot ...COPD...where I cant breath right so must sit under oxygen..then I got an idea...

I bought myself a small sewing basket with a tab closure and decided I would always keep at least one small bear to sew in there ..so anytime I have to " just sit" I have that one small bear I can make.... everything is in one place so I don't have to run all over looking for stuff. Another kind of bear I have been working with is small chrochet bears...and I think I could very easily add needlefelted bear faces, etc. So.... all I did was change the SIZE of my bears....One nice thing is I can pick up or put down the work anytime at a moments notice... so maybe you can do the same thing.... at least for awhile until baby is grown enough and is taking naps.

Hey...another idea just popped into my head and that is...those ATC"s Trading Cards everyone is talking about. If you have done scrapbooking then this may be the perfect bear thing for you too...???
Well  ..just another idea for you to bump around with..... One thing I  do know for sure is...don't stop learning or making those drawings of bears in you head...

Please don't stay away...come visit all the time and do post photos of your darling baby............. Winney

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Oh Kirsten...this is no time to feel sad...the  bears can wait, your friends can wait, you are about to have a miracle enter your life.  :hug:   I am so happy for you...and a little girl, what fun!  I would rather sew little girls clothes than anything else.  Keep that sewing machine out , pack the mohair away for later and get out the ribbons and lace!!!
It won't be long and you will be back into your bear making, but in the meantime...congratulations on your upcoming event.
At least take the time to post us a picture of that new baby girl...we will all want to see her.

Best wishes to you my dear and your new pride and joy!!

:hug:

Nancy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh yes, Kirsten . . . photos of the dear little person that's about to enter your family!  We have and will miss you so much, but first things first!  Hopefully/eventually you will get back to the bear making - you're too talented to not ever go back - but maybe it needs to be put aside for awhile.  Whenever you can, pop in to TT and give us a hello and let us know how you're doing!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Kirsten Sweetie

Don't let the I-feel-like-a-toad-and-this-is-never-going-to-end stage get you down!

Just wait till you see that little face--'bears? what are bears?' Being a mommy is the altogether bestest, most wonderful form of creation there is.

You'll be back in no time, so enjoy your little angel while you can . . . they grow much too fast!

Eileen

p.s. We'll want piccies, of course . . .

Deb Upstate New York

Kirsten ~

Sure do remember you!  One day you'll be making bears again; you'll know when the time is right for you!  God bless you and your little one!  We'll be awaiting pictures!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Kirsten,

I was thinking about you the other day and was wondering how you were getting on, as I thought the baby must be
due soon.
You will enjoy it when you have finished work and can rest and have more time to yourself.
Take care  and we look forward to hearing all about the new addition to your Family.

Hugs
Carolyn

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Kirsten.... Oh Honey!!!!! It's so good to hear from you!   I've thought of PM'ing you a million times.... but I know you are super busy preparing for the new little one!  I have my fingers crossed for you to deliver the day before your are due!!!!!! It's always such a let down getting to that due date, and then NOTHING..... So, day before would be GREAT!  You are gonna have to pop back in afterward and let us know that all is well though! 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

:hug: Awww Kirsten!  Don't feel sad, enjoy this time!!  THey grow up SO quickly...  You can always get back to bears when you feel the urge tugging at you again... but for now enjoy this special time and your sweet daughter when she arrives  :hug:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Lots of hugs, dear Kirsten ! Take care of you and the little one ! bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Kirsten!

Your are incredibly missed, but even more cared about!!! We totally understand. As long as, overall, you are doing well and preparing for this little girl and excited, that's what counts!

We definitely want lots of pictures..... I just know she'll be cute as can be but can't wait to see her!!!

The bears can wait, they are timeless and I don't think you ever forget how to make them! You can still come chat with us anytime!!

Love & Hugs from Auntie Daphne & Oliver!  :hug:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Hi Kirsten,
How could we forget you and your delightful bears? We miss you but what a wonderful time for you. New babies are just about the best thing in the world. bear_wub  Don't worry about the bears, they will be there when your ready. In the meantime just enjoy being a mom. It's a special time.

Best wishes for you and your family! :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kristen, in the middle of the night when you are nursing the baby you can post a pic or two of her and kn9ow that we will be turning summersaults   :dance:  :dance:  :dance: and missing you.

I think a large number of us can commiserate with you and send you heart felt hugs and best wishes for your future health and the babies......hang in there honey......its almost time

bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I was just wondering how you were doing the other day... I am glad that things are well.... I am sure you will be back to making bears eventually.. you have more exciting things coming your way --- how wonderful!!! Peanut will be entering the world soon!!!!  bear_original

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Kirsten, it is nice to hear from you. I was wondering how you were. You will be able to see your toes in no time now! Take care and I can't wait to see pictures of that new baby!

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Kirsten
There is a time and a place for everything and now is the time for your baby so just take the time to enjoy her as they grow up so fast!!! Lots of time later to get back to the bears
Hugs
Gail

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Kirsten,

I am new here, so we have never chatted. But I just had to say. Congratulations on your new baby! When she arrives; I am sure you will be so happy, that those un-made teddies will be waiting for you.  bear_original  And you will feel fine about it. I am a grandma now, so my baby days are over. But, I just can't help stopping and wanting to hold and hug other people's babies. I am careful not to do that, I may get arrested.  bear_grin 

Congratulations...... and bless you and your new baby.  :hug:  :hug:

Big Hugs
Kassity

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Kirsten !
Please don't be sad .  :hug:

I'm sure you'll be sewing soon (in later ! )
Please enjoy this special  mother time and
take care your self !!  bear_innocent

PS. Please don't forget to come back here.  bear_laugh 
Hugs/Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

WEll hello Kirsten!!! I was wondering about you just yesterday and when I couldn't find any recent posts from you I was going to send you a PM but then stopped myself and was trying to work out when you little girl was due...I wondered if she could have arrived yet but I couldn't find the long ago post where you told us all about her.
Please, please do find time to share pictures of your little 'Peanut' (I remember you called her that at one time, too cute!)
As for bears as much as you love making them you are now making the most precious thing possible that you could ever do. When you first look at you darling baby's face your heart will just melt and you will be in love with her forever. You are about to enter the most wonderful experience ever...enjoy!  bear_wub
Please try and pop in to say hi now and then and we will all look forwards to chatting with you once again.

Big Hugs Jane  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kirsten, having a baby, especially a first one, is a major life transition... and a joyous, all-consuming one.  Don't worry about us, or about packing away mohair; it's time to focus on you and your soon-to-be expanding family.  EVERYBODY "gets" that. 

I remember when my first son was born... what an incredibly exhilerating, exhausting, confusing, exhausting (did I say that already?!?) time.  And one just absolutely saturated with happiness and freshness and amazement.

Be kind to yourself and remember that things have a way of working out.  Maybe your mohair is in a bin now, and you can't keep up with an online forum we all know you miss... but when Junior gets to screaming eight months from now, I'll bet we'll see a lot of you again.  It's called, "escapism"... and I wish I had an outlet like the internet to have escaped to when MY kids were little!!!  Besides... once the routines of motherhood become familiar, and the exhaustion wears off (give it a year; seriously), I'm sure you'll be back to bearmaking as well.  All things in good time.

Do spare us just a FEW MINUTES once the wee tot makes her appearance and throw us a bone in the form of photos, if that's comfortable to you; I, for one, never had a girl of my own, and would love to see a tiny baby swaddled in pink!  Especially one born to such a lovely person.

Best wishes for a smooth delivery and easy transition to parenhood.  And congratulations, again, to you and your husband, both.

Fondly,

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Soo glad to hear from you. I've also been wondering how you've been getting along.

Also glad to read your story because we've just turned our spare bedroom into a studio for me, so now if we have kids I won't get that anymore. Not sure how I would feel about that.

But I've very glad to hear you're well, and pretty please, post pics of the new baby.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Kirsten,

I hope you are doing well.  Thanks for coming here to update us.  Definitely let us know when she is born.  All the best to you and your baby girl.   :hug:

Board footer