Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

DSC01780-WinCE.JPGDSC01772-WinCE.JPGHello All

It has been a while since I have posted any of my bears as I have been quite busy making special commissions  bear_grin

I would be delighted to receive any feedback (good and bad!) for my 2 latest creations - both are to celebrate the forthcoming birth of babies (sex unknown).

The smaller alpaca 'angel bear' has been requested due to the sad struggle a woman has had, conceiving and successfully carrying a baby. Despite many miscarriages, this baby has so far survived and is due next month.  Her mother had asked me to create an angle bear as they have all nick named the baby 'angel' during the pregnancy, due the miracle taking place. The little bear has hand made angel wings.

The second bear is a large mohair bear, created for someone that I work with.  My workplace are having a collection and I was honoured to have been asked to make a special bear for her as a surprise.  I have never worked with very long mohair before and am not sure I will do again!!!!!!  I was unsure if I liked the finished bear, right up until I started shading the face, but now we have bonded!!  bear_wub

I hope you like them and looking forward to seeing all of your creations on Teddy Talk

Hugs

Lisa

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Cool stories behind the bears.  Can you describe them?  Also, are the bears made for the mommies or to be given to the babies?

Bear Faced Chic North West

Hi Lisa

Your bears are just adorable both of them  bear_wub  and I don't know how you can bear [no pun intended] to part with them.

Can I ask how long you have been making bears?   

I'm very new to the craft and find I'm on a very steep learning curve.

Warmest wishes, Julie

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Hi and thank you both for your comments.

The bears are both for the expectant mothers and neither of them know about their surprises, so I hope they both like them!  bear_grin

I have been making bears now for about 5 or 6 years and love every minute, although I have quite a few hobbies so sometimes find it hard to make as many bears as I would like to.

Keep with it Julie, I can't wait to see your new creations and if you need any help, you will have lots of friends on this site to help you out  :hug:

Hugs

Lisa x

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

They are both very beautiful and I can see how you would feel honored to be able to make "Angel" -
Hugs,
Janice

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

The bears are both adorable; the mothers - to - be will love them!  I too "suffer" from multiple hobbies that via for my time, so I "sympathize" with you!  However, bears are my main pleasure!  I try to incorporate as many different hobbies as I can in creating my bears!

Board footer