Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

bearygoodfriend Posts: 2

a friend has a 25 year old bear who is loved nearly to pieces, and i'd love to help her find out more about him.  he has no tag, so i'm not even sure where to start!

this is a photo of him:
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- … 4607_n.jpg

details:
large plastic eyes that may have been brown or yellow with black pupils
embroidered dark colored nose
fully articulated- arms, legs, and head turn 360 degrees
he is about 8-10 inches tall standing (not that he stands)

he was purchased at a gift shop or grocery store new in 1986 or 1987, which indicates he probably wasn't part of a line that was popular with kids at the time.

any help would be appreciated, i know this is a tough one!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Interesting bear! I'm not familiar with many of the manufactured bears, but for those who are, would you be able to post a full photo of the bear (seated) so that we can see the feet? And if you could tell us what country he was purchased in that might be helpful, too.

Becky

bearygoodfriend Posts: 2

thanks for your reply! I'll try to get a picture of his feet- they seemed to just be cylinders with no paw pads.  an interesting detail that you can't see in the picture is that his arms come to a point almost- they are kind of tear drop shaped.

he was purchased in the united states, in the northeast.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

I'm familiar with most manufactured bears from that era and I have to say, I think this is an artist bear. Good news, but it makes it very difficult to find the artist. HE could be duplicated if all else fails. Cute guy!

Board footer