Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi everyone,  bear_flower

This is a question really for the UK girls and boys ......  I am wanting to send a heavy-ish parcel to either Australia or Singapore weighing approx 6 kgs and the dimensions of the box
are 16" x 16" x 16"  (41 x 41 x 41 cms.).   I went to my usual courier via Interparcel and nearly fell off my chair when I was told the prices and that was before VAT and insurance had been added.  With the additions, we are talking over £120 which is crazy so I was wondering if anyone could please advise me as to a good reliable courier/source.

I can't use a smaller box and obviously I can't do anything about the total weight of the box.

Any help as to what other service I could use would be most appreciated.  Thank you! bear_original

Hugs

Marilyn x bear_flower

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

thats really a bit overpriced ...
i just checked what it would cost from germany to singapur .... 60 euro ...

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Thondra said:

thats really a bit overpriced ...
i just checked what it would cost from germany to singapur .... 60 euro ...

Prices from the here in the UK are completely nuts.  I sent a parcel this size using Parcelforce to a place only 40 miles away and it cost me nearly £22 for the postage.  Based on that, the charges quoted for Singapore and Australia would see cheap. bear_wacko  bear_wacko

I want the service to have tracking available though if possible plus the need for a signature the other end.

Board footer