Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

RainbowBright Posts: 2

Hello,

I've had this gorgeous little guy for as long as I can remember. A friend of my mother's gave him to her to give to me. I'm 30 years old - so I'm guessing he's older than that!  bear_original I know I'll keep him forever but I'd like to know a little more about his history. Has anyone seen any like him before.

He's approx. 8 inches in height with movable head, arms & legs. Photos below.

Thanks for reading.

bear_wub

T1jpeg.jpg

T2jpeg.jpg

Jo W Posts: 22
Website

Hi!
He is a very cute panda!
He may have been made by the Shanghai Bear Company, from a short-pile wool fabric and with glass eyes. Is he VERY firmly stuffed? If so, he is probably stuffed with sawdust. This company made (makes?) a range of toys, from this quality wool 'fur'. Are his pads of a brushed cotton? This was the most common fabric they used for pads.
If he doesn't match this description, then he is probably English. He is similar to the style of several English companies, who would have made him from mohair, mohair blend, or a woven-backed synthetic plush, with matching pads and stuffed with kapok, woodwool, or crumbed rubber.
Sorry to be vague! If I gave him a hug I could tell straight away!  bear_grin bear_original

RainbowBright Posts: 2

Thank you Jo W  bear_original That sounds like Toby - he's quite firmly stuffed and the pads on his paws are softer than the rest of his fur. Maybe now he can learn more about his family  tree bear_happy 
x

Board footer