Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I finally got a Teddy Ruxpin after twenty years of wanting him.  He needs to be restored because he's missing his lower jaw and one of his eyes is poked in.  It looks like he got into a fight, lol.  I'm sending him to a restorer because I'm afraid to try to fix him.  He probably wouldn't look like Teddy Ruxpin when I got done with him, so I'm sending him to somebody who knows what they're doing and won't be using the braille method.

Do any of you guys have Teddy Ruxpin?  What do you guys think of him?  I notice that he's not as popular with bear collectors as he is with 80s toy lovers.  I'm both, so I love Teddy.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Teddy Ruxpin is a pretty darned cute guy. Congrats on getting one of your own! He is a real 80s icon, and I know you'll have fun with him!
Becky

Us Bears Pennsylvania

There is a Teddy Ruxpin living here, too!  :)

He's a very nice guy and, believe it or not, he's not a big talker.  He's only got one tape.
We'd like to get him some more tapes but they are hard to come by.  Cassette tapes are not made any more and the ones that are still out there are old and degrading.

I suppose we could get a tape and duplicate it, assuming we can find one in good condition.

While we're on the subject of talking Bears...
Does anybody else have a Bear named "Spinosa" living with them?

Spinoza.jpg

LitWit Posts: 298

We've got a Teddy Ruxpin and Grubby living in a box in the attic, whom we're considering selling. Lots of outfits (except for the two that I "stole" for other bears and I think a few tapes.

Us Bears wrote:

While we're on the subject of talking Bears...
Does anybody else have a Bear named "Spinosa" living with them?
http://www.nexternal.com/ageless/images/Spinoza.jpg

No, but I want one, now that I've seen him! He's adorable!

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Us Bears, what tape do you have?  Probably The Airship, as that is the one that came with him. 

I now have two Teddy Ruxpins in my hug.  Lenora sent me one for my birthday *squuz*.  I love Teddy.

Board footer