Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

This is Blithe.  He is a black bear cub made using soft, black Schulte alpaca.  He has a locline neck and spine, 4 joints and wired arms.  His eyes are black, English glass and he has felted eye whites and leather eyelids.  His muzzle has been hand-coloured. His nose has been hand-moulded.  He is stuffed with Bouncifill and contains a calico bag of stainless steel shot, making him quite a hefty little chap. His pawpads are sculpted, brown glove leather.  He is my favourite bear, so far.  He will be accompanying me to the Teddy Bear Artist Event at Stratford-Upon-Avon on the 10th June.

1338016439_bb1.jpg

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

He looks wonderful, Sue!
I know it's not easy to make an all black bear, but Blithe has lots of character and a very appealing expression.  :thumbsup:
I love the way you combine realistic elements with the feel of "huggability" of a traditional ted.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs,  :rose:

Peter & the bears

P.S. I am so sorry I can't be at the TBAE in Stratford this year...  bear_sad

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Sue,

Yes, I agree with Peter, as Blithe is very appealing and full of character, and looks as though he may have a little mischievious nature! (sorry don't know how to spell that, bet it's wrong!!).

Have a wonderful time at Stratford!

Hugs

Marilyn x bear_flower

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Gorgeous! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Lovely eyelids you've given him, and all-over adorableness!

Becky

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Many thanks Peter, Marilyn and Becky.  I'm going to find it hard to part with him.  Perhaps I'll put him at the back of my table and he'll come home with me!

Hugs

Sue

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Sue, you did a wonderful job!
A really cute and sweet little guy! bear_wub  bear_wub

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

A wonderful little cub!

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Wow he is absolutely stunning Sue, your bears just get better and better!  I can understand how you don't want to part with him, but I think he will be snapped up straight away!! :lol:

Hugs

Lisa x

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

He is gorgeous!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Aw Thanks so much Francesca, Pink, Thelma, Lisa and Melisa.  Your feedback means a lot to me!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Wow stunning bear Sue, would love to see him in the fur but not going to Stratford this time, have a good day.  bear_wub

Pauline

Board footer