Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

bthring Posts: 1

Would anyone know where I might be able to get information on a bear made by The Hen In the Holly? The Company is out of business now. I am trying to find out the name of the bear and an approximate value. I just don't know where to start! She is an 11" brown bear dressed in a cream lace gown with bows and rosettes. She has a silver and gold halo above her head. Adorable! I have pictures, but don't know how to attach. Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

You may not be able to find out the original name of the bear if she no longer has any "paperwork" (hang tag, certificate, etc.) Maybe someone else on the forum will know the artist.

As far as the monetary value of a used artist bear that's not from a well-known maker - it's completely subjective, but probably fairly low (at least based on watching ebay auctions and Bearpile orphans).

If you love the bear - and she does sound lovely - I think that's where the real value is.

Becky

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

A quick Google search turned this up. I'm guessing The Hen in the Holly is a small manufacturer (rather than an artist who makes OOAK bears): http://stores.ebay.com/bearwatch-aka-Ju … =699828013

Becky

Board footer