Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

I have noticed some online buzz about Big Cartel stores for artists.  I have looked at their website and they do offer different "levels" of stores (one is free if you list 5 items or less).  I think I may give it a whirl but I was wondering if anyone else has set up a store on Big Cartel?  I haven't been renewing my store on BearPile for the last month or so because even though it is good advertising I feel that it may not be worth the money.  I could do both (and I still do Etsy and primarily EBAY).  Any thoughts?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hmmm... Hadn't heard of it, and can't say I like the name. (One of my favorite countries is now dominated by big cartels of a different sort.)

I found plenty of information about setting up a shop there, but I couldn't figure out how customers are supposed to access and shop at the site. Do you know how that works?

Becky

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

That's funny Becky! :lol:
I didn't care for the name either.  The way I'm guessing it would work is you would place your Big Cartel info on your website to link to?  Like I do with BearPile.  But the customer would check out thru them and you wouldn't have to pay a percentage or a monthly fee and they route the sales thru PayPal for you.  But if you don't have alot of traffice to your website (which I don't, I average a handful of hits a day) then it may be pointless.  I guess I liked the idea of no monthly fee to pay.   bear_whistle  I guess I'll stick to EBay for now. bear_wacko

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I see - so really just a shopping cart service. (That's a relief! bear_original )

At least at etsy there is searchability and some traffic. And while ebay is expensive, the exposure to potential customers is huge.

Becky

Board footer