Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

I looked it up in the rules for the board, and I'm still not sure about this.  If we are offering bear-making supplies for sale (say on eBay), are we allowed to post to the board regarding those items?  The way I see it, somebody selling bear-making supplies is selling a 'bear to be', so it can't be too off base.  I only ask because it is getting to be spring cleaning season, and the answer probably affects more than just me.
bear_original

Cheers,
Kelly

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Kelly,

You are more than welcome to add your e-bay listing to your personal listing.  I am sure you have seen that some people have e-bay next to their e-mail, PM and website links.

Does this help answer your question?  If not feel free to PM one of the Help Advisors for more details.

bear_original

dilu

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Ah yes, I do need to add the eBay link to my person listing here.  I guess I was wondering if it was permissible to do something like this.  Let's say I buy 10 yards of 3" blue mohair.  Then I decide I don't like blue.  So I list it all on eBay and then post to Teddy Talk and say 'Hey guys, I just listed 10 yards of 3" blue mohair on eBay".  Can I do that last step, posting to the board to let people know what supplies have just been listed?

P.S. I do not have 10 yards of 3" blue mohair, before anybody asks for some  bear_grin
Kelly

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I think that you need to consider this:

While what you are asking may seem reasonable to you.  The next person to come along will think 'OK, I can mention that I have 52 different items on e-bay, because after all the one item I don't mention will be the one item timmytonkaboy is looking for' and then will proceed to list all 52 items.

Then Suzie Pollywog will come along and think 'well, if Timmy can do that, I'll just slip in a piccy or two.'

Are you getting the really scarry picture here? 

Yikes

So to keep it clean and simple and uncluttered and really nice in the Bears and Friends for sale we are keeping it already-been-born-and-ready-for-adoption critters.  And this is meant for the members of TT to showcase their ART

No retailers, no manufactured items no extra stuff that we didn't use last year..... bear_wacko

However, Someone here started a swap board, I think it might have been Laura Lynn

http://44.freebb.com/tbss/tbss.html  this would be a really appropriate place to talk about the 50 yards of baby blue 3" dense mohair that you need to .....ooops hypothetical...

Hope this helps....OK?

Of course anyone with a business that wants to can speak with Quy about banner ads, which are quite attractive and very reasonably priced too.

hugs

dilu

Board footer