Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

collegestag08 Posts: 2

Hello,
     I am trying to identify my mother's childhood bear, Denver. I want to buy another one to give Denver a new brother or sister. My grandmother cut the label off, so I have no way to tell who made it and when it was made. The tag was located on the back of the right leg. The hands and feet are suede/leather. Below are the best pictures of Denver I could take:

1346714404_bear_1_small.jpg

1346714428_bear_2_small.jpg

1346714448_bear_3_small.jpg

Thanks for all your help!

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

hmmm...try googling cheeky bears? the location of the tag is interesting...do you have an era when the bear was acquired? it might also be from the ideal toy company off the top of my head, but i can dig around if you like bear_happy

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hmmm... He doesn't look like a Merrythought Cheeky to me, but there were lines of Merrythought in the 70s and 80s along these lines (see "M" design and "LM" design). It's interesting that he's a fully jointed bear made from a synthetic plush. In the US, there were Ideal (as Tindlebears mentions), Dakin, California Stuffed Toys, Gund, and no doubt others.

If it weren't for the label, I'd say he could also be handmade. (Maybe even with the label. I sew a label into my bears' seam.)

Good luck in your search!

Becky

Board footer