Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

threadbears Posts: 107

1346978082_bluepanda.jpg

This not-so-average-bear is uniquely shaded, aging him quite handsomely for an "old toy charm."  Since he has been felted, he is fluffier, softer, and more durable, giving him an overall more solidified appearance.  After felting some larger items last year, we have been perfecting our technique for felted crocheted miniatures--including this BLue PaNDa who stands at only 4 3/4" tall.  He is wearing a cotton crochet cream and blue striped collar that has a red ribbon tied in the front, which also buttons in the back so it can be removed.

Get this one-of-a-kind guy here:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARTiST-prim-fel … 6rk%3D1%26

Olinsakvoyage Olinsakvoyage
Togliatty
Website

Your works cause a smile! Thank you very much! bear_grin

Conni Germany

bear_wub Nice! I like your Panda!

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

I have a long time experience in wet felting and have made felted crochet bears before.  These are not that rare and around for several years. 

You might like to check out the felted crochet bears made by another Teddy Talk member; Diana from Butterfly Bequest

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=32777

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=32950

Thank you, ladies! Glad you like this little guy!

Berta,
Yes, we have seen some of your products that you made using wet felting and needle-felting techniques.  We don't want to get too technical on the subject here since, as we understand, the Marketplace section is mainly for advertising available products. 

Your techniques do differ from ours quite a bit.  We don't crochet the bear and needle-felt characteristics onto it, such as the muzzle and paw pads. And we don't wet and layer unspun wool to make a fabric-like sheet to cut shapes out of and sew together.  This entire bear was crocheted with the wool--and using water, soap, and friction, this entire item shrunk and became solidified and has an almost fabric or fur-like appearance--which is what we've been working towards in this felting/fulling process. As we can see, this is the same process that Diana had used.

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

Thank you for watching my bears! As I also sell on many shows during the year, for sure you have not seen all my creations.
I posted pictures of my bears made in various techniques in the Showcase. 
I wet felt since many years and know the difference between wet felting (felting/fulling)  and adding detail with needle felting bear_grin

Conni Germany

bear_flower Berta, I know your miraculous bears! They are wonderful. You are such a many-sided artist!!!
I hope, we see again in Wiesbaden!

Berta,
Did we miss something?  Are you upset?  Why are you are acting like you are defending your products?  We made no claims to being the first or only to use this technique.  Do you think I am trying to steal?  What is it that you want?   We simply listed on here to advertise one of my newest bears, which is what we understood this section is for.   

Sue

Board footer