Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Traceyann Posts: 16

I am thinking of just putting a diamonte necklace on her.....Faith is for a friend of mine who is battling cancer.....

faiththeted.jpg

faithshead.jpg

I am open to any constructive comments, please tell me if and how I could do better with my next bear.

her head sits on a bit of a tilt so , her eyes look uneven in this picture....however with her head tilted it gives her a quizical look

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Everything appears to be in the right place, Traceyann, and I know that your friend will love her. Faith is the perfect name. bear_flower

Well-done, and best wishes for your friend's health.

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Well done, Traceyann, Faith has a lovely expression and I am sure that she will give your friend lots of support and strength!  bear_thumb

Miser Miser Bears

A lovely little bear,good job!  bear_thumb

BatFinchBears BatFinch Bears

great first bear! and for a great reason too bear_original

Did you use a pattern? If you intend to make more bears I would take that pattern and try altering things on the next bear in places you want differences! (this is how I learnt anyway bear_original )

for example, shorter paws, smaller/bigger feet, longer arms, more curved arms, etc etc. wider head? rounder head? All sorts of things you could try bear_original

If that stuff is a little too scary to start with, then I would just try making the same bear from a different material, and see how much the bear is different!

Finally; Best wishes to your friend's health and well-being!

Sorry if these ramblings aren't what you intended to hear as answers bear_original

Traceyann Posts: 16

Thanks for the support...and yes Emily, it was from a pattern....and I didnt mind your ramblings one bit...gave me something to think about !

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I would put a key or a heart on her. She is beautiful/
I have a small heart with a key with rhinstones in it I got from Wallmart for one of my bears...really cute.  The key to my heart!

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

She's very sweet!!!  Great job!!!!  Careful, bear makings addicting!!!!  Prayers to your friend , I have a 3 year old nephew battling Neuroblastoma right now And I too made him a bear that he takes with him to all his treatments. It really does help them through some difficult times.  bear_flower

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

bear_thumb Brilliant first bear & I love the colour.Such a thoughtful gift for your friend,I'm sure she will feel your love & support which will bring her comfort at this difficult time.
I have only made 6 bears so far but I've found with practice and great tips from this forum each one shows improved technique but now you've caught the"bug" you won't need coaxing to make more teddies.

Board footer