Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

eeyore13 Posts: 120

I havent been making bears long 1.5 years.  Am still learning new skills and honing them with patterns before I venture into designing them myself.

For my mum's xmas pressie I made her a polar bear (her favourite wild bear) from a pattern design by Sue Lawson of Born Again Bears. This pattern was a challenge for me since the neck joint not only had the gather at the base of the head but also on the neck part of the body. Plus the bear has a tail - neither of which I have done before. He is made for the most wonderful Schulte polar bear mohair with grey felt paws. I gave him grey felt inner ears to match to add to the cubbishness of him. He is supposed to be nut and bolt jointed but have (again for the 1st time) used Set/Grub Screws which are so much easier to use than Nut and bolt- no gluing! Will be using these from now onwards if I need firm joints!

Hope you like him!

1356476754_2012-12-25_01.05.24.jpg
1356476732_2012-12-25_01.05.09.jpg
1356476774_2012-12-25_01.06.19.jpg
1356476793_2012-12-25_01.07.23.jpg
1356476816_2012-12-25_01.08.23.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He's adorable and beautifully made. Your mum must be thrilled. bear_original

Becky

LittleButtonMeadow Button Meadow Bears
Devon
Website

Wonderful! And a beautifully sewn nose! bear_original

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

You did a great job, I love the detail. Yes, I agree, the nose is wonderful. I struggle to this day with stitched noses. More practice for me.! bear_wub

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I do like him!  :love:
He has a lovely face and the pattern (with the big hump) is lovely too.
You did an excellent job with the nose stitching and trimming the muzzle.  :thumbsup:
I bet your mom was delighted with him.  bear_smile

eeyore13 Posts: 120

Thank you everyone xxxxx

Vicky - noses have been the bane of my life!  I use Paula Carter's method that she describes in one of her bear making Tutorials on her blog - as you can see it works a treat!

Board footer