Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

So my big new cub got here, I now know he was made by Susan Cap ("Sue's Big 'Ol Bears") in 2001. She is apparently either deceased or retired from making bears, as I can find nothing about her on the net aside from a couple of her bears listed second-market on ebay.
Did anyone here know the artist? Biographical info would be great, but even anecdotal rememberances would be appreciated.

as for the bear himself, he's beyond my expectations- Sue wasn't what I'd consider a master artist, but she apparently had a knack for sublime subtlety......he's stuffed with wood wool, but understuffed just a bit so that he's baggy in his tummy and joints, and makes a lovely crunching sound when touched bear_original He's surprisingly cuddly for an antique style bear. He is also done in the unusual french style: a very long slender muzzle and small ears.
she did a rather loose job on the nose (there are gaps) but I can fix that easily. Also had to reset the ears as they had come loose.

100_2124_zps3533ba2f.jpg

100_2126_zpsed432461.jpg

100_2128_zpse02c1277.jpg

100_2129_zpsfd0583e1.jpg

He's cuddled up under a quilt now waiting for me to come to bed, in keeping with ritual, every bear spends his first night here in my arms ^_^

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Wow, what a magnificent addition to your hug!  :love:
I love his long narrow muzzle; he's a real classic and classy bear.  :teddybear:
Sorry I can't help with any information about the artist, Chris.   bear_noexpression

eeyore13 Posts: 120

Wow!!!  Cant help you with the artist, but he is a wonderful bear!!!! bear_wub

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

He's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! bear_wub Congrats on winning him!!!! A dear bear friend of mine sold one of Sue's bears a few years back on Ebay. I have messaged her to see if she could shed some light on this artist. I will post as soon as I hear back from her. Jane bear_original

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Congratulations, I love your big ol' bear!

Bareteddie Posts: 11

He's a beautiful bear, I'm so jealous I'd love to have him. bear_original

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

Hi Chris! So sorry, my friend could not remember anything about the artist bear_sad  Sorry I couldn't help.

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Hey guys, don't give this bear a swelled head....I have to live with him, you know ;)

but seriously, thank you for all the compliments, I'm very proud of my big boy ^_^
And thanks jane for giving a try at getting info for me, hopefully I'll hear something word of mouth someday. If the artist is still around I'd love to tell her how much her work is appreciated.

Board footer