Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

allykat Fincastle Bears
Nürnberg

1361533753_sitting_small.jpg

This is Cupcake, my very first sewn teddy bear (and in fact, my first hand sewing project ever!) I am pretty pleased with her in spite of some construction errors (one leg is quite loose and the other turns in slightly and the stitching is a little less than expert.)

In photos she also had a little something going on on the right side of the bottom of her nose but I fixed that up after I noticed it in pics.

She was made using this kit and pattern by Lanie Edwards Murphy. I decided she needed a tail though.

1361533970_laying_small.jpg

Her nose, muzzle, and paw pads are needle felted and she's shaded with prisma markers (mostly light walnut which is my favorite color for doing everything, apparently including shading bears.) I elected not to weight her because she is destined for my 5 year old niece. She has a little needle felted cupcake with a raspberry on top for her to nibble when she gets bored.

SO much fun! I want to make a million bears!

Boop Posts: 124

She is gorgeous! So great that your first bear turned out so pretty! Can't wait to see your next 999.999 bears!  bear_flower

allykat Fincastle Bears
Nürnberg

Thank you so much, Boop! I'm excited for the next 999,999 bears, too!

I keep thinking maybe I should trim away the white left on the paw pads. I tried leaving the mohair on instead of trimming it because I had this idea to have the mohair coming between the toes but that didn't work out. I asked hubby if I should trim it off after the fact and he said no, but I can't decide if the random bits of mohair coming from around the paw pads looks sloppy or not...

Boop Posts: 124

Know what? I don't know many living bears, but I do have a cat. And my cat is a really lazy, high maintenance cat. She's got the longest, softest, whitest fur between her toes... Someone said it was because she's mostly an indoor cat. If she'd been more outdoors, hunting and fighting and climbing trees, then she wouldn't have such feet-hair *lol*. So I guess it all depends on Cupcake being an indoor or outdoor bear...? Judging on the love for sweet cakes, it looks like she's comfortable indoors, and hence the white hair on the feet.  bear_grin

allykat Fincastle Bears
Nürnberg

Haha! That is a great way of thinking of it, Boop! Yes she is most definitely destined to be an indoor bear! My niece is the type for tea parties in the warm!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What a fun bear, Ally, and you are so sweet to make her a cupcake as well! bear_original

Becky

Board footer