Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

1362396845_snow_13_001.jpg

My own cute animal pic of the day. This is Ti, my Australian Shepherd. We enjoyed 10 wonderful years with him. He died on Friday, lots of tumors and difficult breathing. I plan to needlefelt a dog from his fur.

Ellen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ti was a gorgeous dog, Ellen, and I'm so sorry it was his time to say goodby.  As many animals as I've had in my long life, it still is never easy to let them go.  And what a fantastic tribute to him - please post photos when you finish.  Hugs.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What a gorgeous friend he was! It's so sad that our pets don't live as long as we do, but I'm sure you enjoyed your years together very much. (I think he'll be waiting for you--breathing easy by a warm fire somewhere.)

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

He was a very beautiful dog, Ellen, and I am so sorry for your loss!  bear_sad

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Thank you all. I will try to post pics of the needlefelted critter.....I know that Ti is romping around with his good buddies Cabernet, Zeidico, Moses and Charlie, and I am sure a nice warm fire will be waiting for me (although Ti would run outside as we cared for the fire in the house (in the wood stove)

Us Bears Pennsylvania

There has been a trend in recent years where people have been using fur from their dogs to make yarn for knitting sweaters and things.  If I remember correctly, it's called "chiengora."

When people make yarn for chiengora, I understand that they often mix the dog fur with a little bit of wool in order to make it stronger.  I'm not certain whether it would be called for in this case but it's something to consider.

I think it will be neat to make a Bear from chiengora.  bear_cool

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

So very sorry for your loss! What a BEAUTIFUL dog! Warmest Hugs too you!!!

Board footer