Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

sandimal Sydney NSW

1362706615_img_0303.jpg

Hi there,

I started making bears a month ago to help strengthen both hand injuries and to save me from boredom, here are my first 3 bears made.

The white one was my first born. I haven't been able to come up with a suitable name yet so if you have any suggestions please let me know.
The sadness on its face makes it appear to be begging to be hugged. I was going to try to sculpt the muzzle but I decided against this as I figured the "matted look" gave it more character. I used blue "alive eyes"
to give it a bit of colour & match the foot/paw pads

The red/black one is named Oggie, he is a fun character & will do anything for a hug. I used "amethyst alive eyes + eyelids" for his eyes.

The brown/black tipped one is called Benny & is very shy, makes me want to hug him everytime I pass by. I used black safety eyes.

They were made from different patterns using faux fur, but I'm going to try mohair and alpaca in my next bears, (thanks to information received from very kind & lovely bear makers - you know who you are).

I'm open to all suggestions/criticisms but please remember I'm a beginner.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Take care

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Yes, you have to re-size the photo to make it a bit bigger, because it is very hard to have a proper look at the bears.   bear_thumb

Board footer