Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

At the Teddy Bear Welt show last weekend we had a very bad experiment. Being very busy the first day, late in the afternoon, our purse was stolen.. quiet a shock!!   Almost all earnings off the first day gone !! And nothing we can do..  you have to actually see the stealing to be able to accuse someone.
The thief(s) confused us with tricks and managed to steal the purse behind our table...  later we figured out they were with a group of 4 and must have been professionals.

This put quiet a dark cloud on what should have been a great weekend.

In the evening the Ted World Wide Awards were announced, winning in my category cheered me up a little.

1363731640_wholeworldinmyhands-2.jpg

Above Pincushion "I`v got the whole world in my hands" won in the Subject Bear category in the Master Classes.

If you are doing shows, watch your purse !! 

Berta
ThReAdTeDs®

Boop Posts: 124

So sorry to hear about the purse. Some people are so rude  bear_sad
But your bear is just lovely! Congrats on the award  bear_flower

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

So sorry to hear about your purse.  That just does not fit the teddy bear behavior!  Congratulations on your win!
Donna

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Congrats on the win, sorry about the theft!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

So sorry about the theft, Berta, but big congratulations on your award!

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

Donna wrote:

So sorry to hear about your purse.  That just does not fit the teddy bear behavior!  Congratulations on your win!
Donna

These for sure were NOT Teddy Bear people, but a group who just visit shows (no matter which show) with the purpose to steal.
Thanks so much for the Congratulations bear_original !!

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

1363770484_tww2013-trofee.jpg 1363770505_tww2013-trofee-closeup.jpg

Thanks so much for the congratulations. Here a picture from the Ted World Wide Trophy which is really nice and heavy!!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Huge Congratulations on the award, Berta!  :thumbsup:
I am sorry to hear about the theft, but as you say: that is something that probably happens at every event.  bear_sad

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

peterbear wrote:

Huge Congratulations on the award, Berta!  :thumbsup:
I am sorry to hear about the theft, but as you say: that is something that probably happens at every event.  :(

Thanks Peter!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What shocking news Berta!  It's sad to say that theft is quite common at teddy bear shows ... I have often heard tales of teddy bears being stolen from tables and to have your purse and takings stolen, that is terrible!

Congratulations on your award, it is very well deserved and I'm glad it helped ease the day's sting a little.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

This is awful, but I appreciate your sharing the story. It's something I wouldn't have thought of.

I guess we all need to wear money belts (or "fanny packs") in a crowd. And the idea of a bear being stolen (and not going to someone who has fallen in love with him or her) is horrible!

Your prize-winner is a beautiful piece, Berta. I'm glad there was a positive side to the event.

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Congratulations on your award Berta, your winning piece is really beautiful.

I am very sorry to read about the theft.  Thank you for the warning.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

If any of "Us Bears" ever catch up to the person took your purse he is going to find out what happened to Gulliver!

1363790897_gulliver.jpg

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Sorry to hear about your takings, i can imagine that after all your hard work it was very upsetting.
I have heard of organised gangs going round car boot sales distracting people and taking the money because it is just in a tub or tin at the back of the stall. I think the only way round this kind of thing is to have a belt or purse attached to you at all times.

It is good that you posted here, to raise awareness bear_original Congrats on the trophy!

Miser Miser Bears

I cant believe this could happen at a bear fair! I hope you are alright, this kind of thing can be very upsetting. Huge well done on your winning bear, he looks amazing  bear_wub

Christina Posts: 978
Website

Sorry to hear about the purse, that's realy upsetting! Congratulations on your Award, it is wonderful!

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

Isn't it nice to have a place to go to tell all? bear_sad We are all sorry about your purse... that makes me very sad for you. Thank goodness there was a silver lining to it all! bear_innocent Hugs.  bear_wub

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

Thanks so much for your support, received private and here on Teddy Talk!!  It helps  bear_original . For next shows we will be double careful!! The idea having a chain on the purse, or wearing a purse-belt I like. 
Yes, winning the award was the good side and I focus on that  bear_original 
Back to bears!!
Berta

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Congratulations on your well deserved award Berta! That is so awful to have your purse stolen. For many years now I have worn a small leather shoulder bag purse slung across my body when doing shows. It is flat, easy to get into and has just two compartments with closures - one zipper and one snap. It works really well and keeps my money safe.

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

edie wrote:

Congratulations on your well deserved award Berta! That is so awful to have your purse stolen. For many years now I have worn a small leather shoulder bag purse slung across my body when doing shows. It is flat, easy to get into and has just two compartments with closures - one zipper and one snap. It works really well and keeps my money safe.

Thank you Edie!! We sure will watch better next time, and I take all the safety tips I receive  bear_original 

Berta

nounours Posts: 629
Website

Big congrats Berta..you deserve it for sure ...
so sorry you got stolen... sad world we live in...
WELL DONE
xx hugs

Board footer