Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Bears N Blooms Bears N Blooms
California

I am pleased to introduce you to Barnabus, a handsome and charming cinnamon brown teddy bear. He is needle felted firmly from a quality blend of wool. He is roughly 4 inches sitting and roughly 6 1/2 inches from head to toe.
Barnabus is weighted with steel shot in his tummy for that perfect feel in your hands. He is 5-way thread jointed for movement and sees through glass sparkly aqua blue and orange eyes that have been hand painted by me. You can find more photos or information on my website or visit Bear Pile or EBay

1364169178_barnabus-top-left.jpg

1364169208_barnabus-bottom-center.jpg

1364169298_barnabus-bottom-right.jpg

Thank you for looking!

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

He's wonderful!!! Beautiful needlefelting!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Bearalicious Bears Bearalicious Bears
United Kingdom

Gorgeous Denise  bear_tongue

California

Thank you ladies!  :rose:

Pink, I sew a pouch, add the shot, sew it up and add felt to it. I just go a bit slower until the wool is firm around the pouch. The shot is small enough so I do not have too much of an issue with broken needles. At first it was frustrating but I figured it out! I just love how the finished pieces feel when the weight is added.

California

Well, your balls are wonderful so I think you are ready to make a bear! I would be happy to help you when you are ready-I can even take some video to show you my process. It is not so hard as it is time consuming. The one thing that I try to remember is let the bear create itself. No two bears will look the same.  That is part of the charm. There is not right or wrong to needle felting of designs. I have seen  your amazing sewn bears and I have no doubt that you can do it. bear_original They do take time make but once you make one, you can't stop! My table is full of designs of bears I want to make! LOL

veen-bears wrote:
Noahs Novelty Bears wrote:

Thank you ladies!  :rose:

Pink, I sew a pouch, add the shot, sew it up and add felt to it. I just go a bit slower until the wool is firm around the pouch. The shot is small enough so I do not have too much of an issue with broken needles. At first it was frustrating but I figured it out! I just love how the finished pieces feel when the weight is added.

Thanks for the explanation, it is very helpful! Maybe some day I will try to make a needle-felted bear but I must practise to make round balls! It looks as if it is very easy but you know it isn't! I saw an example on a Dutch site where they make a knot first in a piece of wool and than turn the left-over wool around the knot and start needling. I will give it a try but first I have to buy some new needles.....only 2 left!  bear_laugh  Pink

Board footer