Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

James Green Posts: 6
Website

Hello everyone.  My name is James and I am new to the forum.  I found it while searching to see if there were any good apps out there for Teddy Bear Collectors.  My girlfriend and I have always been collectors of bears and our combined family is growing.  I suspect that others would benefit from an iPhone/iPad app geared towards cataloging a collection of bears.  I actually came upon this post, "Collector's photo cataloging app?" which gave me the inspiration to start working on an app of my own. 

I have created one app so far which is available on the App Store which is tailored to comic collectors, so I am not quite an amateur and certainly not quite a professional developer. 

What I am looking for are suggestions from fellow collectors as to what they would like to see in an app.  This can be anything from a certain number of photos per bear, profile page styles (ex similar to facebook or App X), data/attributes about bears that should be stored, anything you like.   

My ideas so far, some of which I have already implemented, are as follows:

- add each new bear as a 'record' for which you can add a wide array of bits of information like who made the bear, the bear's name, approximate age of the bear, date you adopted him/her, fur type, etc.

- add photos to the record of each bear, one of which can be selected as the 'profile photo' and others can be used for storing images of the tag, card about the creator, special details, etc.

- export your entire collection, or parts, to a PDF file which you can send to others or keep for your own paper records, ex for insurance purposes.

- synchronize your collection info between an iPhone and iPad if you have both, or get one after you already have the app on one of the devices. 

- backup of all content to the iCloud

- display your bear collection on the screen in a few fun ways that really showcase your whole bear family

Any suggestions, comments, criticisms are all welcome and greatly appreciated.  I am striving to make products that truly meet the needs of their users.

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Hi James,

when I get some time away from work I have a laundry list of details I'd like to see in an app....thank you for working on this, it's long overdue :)

will you be making an android/ windows mobil version? I still have my old ipad, but it's used only for music at this point, I've abandoned OS format for Galaxy and Surface equipment.

James Green Posts: 6
Website
BlackmoonBear wrote:

Hi James,

when I get some time away from work I have a laundry list of details I'd like to see in an app....thank you for working on this, it's long overdue :)

will you be making an android/ windows mobil version? I still have my old ipad, but it's used only for music at this point, I've abandoned OS format for Galaxy and Surface equipment.

Hi Blackmoon,
I wanted to pass along to you, as well to anyone who has read this post, that the Android version of Teddy Bear Collector is now live and available on the Google Play Store.  It should be available globally and it supports a multitude of devices.  Looks great on tablets too.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Board footer