Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

april72.jpgApril-Flowers72-copy.jpgHere's another show bear...Intercal Alpaca....so lovely to work with!!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Jenny another sweetheart! I love her cute nose, super colour too. See you at Hugglets.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Too cute!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

thanks for sharing Jenny  - I bet you sell out in half an hour flat!!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

She a real honey Jenny! I love how you have dressed her and the top knot of hair is very unique.
Your photos are always stunning too...what do you use for the backgroudn? It's always so crisp and clear.
I hope you'll get a chance to take a pic of your stand at the show before it begins....I love how you had the last one set out...so pretty! bear_flower

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

She's SO pretty!!! I'm sure she'll sell immediately - who could resist her?!  bear_wub

iamjan Posts: 21

TOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Jenny, she is outstanding! I WANT HER! Maybe if I am lucky, she will still be available after the show! I doubt that very much but I wishing with all my heart!! bear_wub  bear_wub  :love:Please let me know!!!

Many Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Just darling, darling, darling.  I love the soft color you put on her, especially at her cheeks.  And her little pink gingham getup is just too girly-cute and sweet.

I, also, just adore that little mop-top thing you get going on with your bears. 

Charming!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

She's sooooooo adorable, Jenny . . . and looks like she's bringing spring to us all!  I know you will do very well at the show, my friend!

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Jenny, she is just soooo cute

Hugs
Vicki

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks for looking everyone....I am still sewing away.....and having been at work for 13 hours in the salon maybe I should stop before we have a disaster!!!

The backgrounds I use are just pieces of coloured card, the type used for poster boards...and sometimes plain wallpaper...you can just rip a piece off...then it's like the sort of thing photographers use in a studio...but tiny...and fits snug in the light tent.

I am getting to grips with Photoshop...I envy anyone who can do it...my daughters partner is a computer games artist so you can imagine his standard. I hide what I am doing from him...but sometimes he takes pity on his technophobic future mother-in-law and helps me out...or else!!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jenny another gorgeous bear  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pipa UK

she is just soo beautiful !! very springy too !!  gorgeous!!  bear_wub

Pipa UK

she is just soo beautiful !! very springy too !!  gorgeous!!  bear_wub

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Jenny, your bears and other animals are so breathtaking........how long on average does it take you to create one piece??   Have an absolutely super show!!   :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

She is a beauty!  bear_wub I love her little mop of hair on her head!  Her outfit is wonderful too!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Very cute Bear in her pretty pink gingham dress.

warwickshire uk
Website

Goodness Clare...I can't say to pinpoint a time....a simple bear...perhaps a day or so....a more complicated one.....ooooooh....ages. As I do a bit on this one, a bit on that one I never know...I have loads of bears and friends on the go at the moment in various stages of being made....as well as others in my head. I can't ever say as I never sit down and make 'a bear'

Thanks for asking though.. it made me think!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Jenny, she's scrumptious!  bear_wub She's the picture of Spring (what's Spring bear_cry ).

Eileen

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Thanks for the tips about your backgrounds. Your photos are always superb Jenny. You say you use a light tent too....do you totally flood your with lights of all descriptions too? There are no shadows at all on the one above and they are so crisp and clear!!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Jenny, April is just precious. She looks so sweet. I hope your taking lots of bears to the show because your going to sell out in no time!

hugs,

warwickshire uk
Website

Hayley..I have 2 'proper lights' and 1 old flood light which is really meant for use with a tungsten bulb in from when I used to do hair photography...it now has a daylight spiral bulb fitted instead. I want to get another lamp on a boom arm rigged up somehow as I always feel I need a higher light source.

I work on the principle of 'beauty' or axis lighting in which your main light is right next to your camera on the same axis as the lens..then other lights either side to knock out any shadows..but it is no good really for a standing up bear as I do need a higher light source to get a more evenly lit subject ...so that is next on my shopping list!!!

I do have a light tent which I got cheap off ebay...and it was a great investment. I followed Shellis advice on the  Bears and Buds website as I'd never considered a light-tent...I used to bounce light with white cards before...and it was ok but unpredictable.

Board footer