Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

smittenface.jpgsmitten-copy.jpgI had a go at waxing a nose....I love the results but my heart was pounding in case it went wrong...this is another bear for my show and I was bothered that if it went wrong I'd have one less bear for the stand.

Here's a question for those who are expert at this....do you seal the nose with anything?...I just polished it up...but wonder if it needs a coat of varnish...I don't fancy doing it...I thought beeswax furniture polish would be good. I used newspaper to polish it up.

Anyway...I called him Smitten because I am with this one...I hope someone else will be at the show!!!!

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

he is so cute,the nose is perfect  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pipa UK

Aww Jenny. adorable!! your bears have got the most adorable expression.. I'm sure he will be snapped up at the show!!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Smitten is marvelous and so is his nose ! I do not seal my waxed nose unless I want an extra shine, but it's not bee wax, it's black Eazy Wax... I would like to try bee wax too : it looks so sweet ! bear_wub

warwickshire uk
Website

What is the difference between Bees Wax and EZY wax...anyone know?

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Perfect nose for a perfect bear! Jenny my heart is pounding!!

many Hugs Louise

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Jenny he is awesome. I love his little face.   bear_wub  I'll try and get over to your stand before he leaves for his new home.

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Smitten is perfect, Jenny . . . you did an awesome job with that nose!!  I don't seal my waxed noses - just let 'em stay as is.  I am SURE he will steal someone's heart at the show!!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jenny what a superb job on the nose .... and the bear is adorable I love him ...

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks every one...i have to admit I am pretty pleased with it...though I was extremely nervous of mucking the whole bear up....

I shall do another one now as I love the look...it adds a whole new dimension!!!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

He's beautiful Jenny - and the nose is perfect  bear_thumb

You do make exceedingly good bears Jenn  bear_wub

Penny x

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Jenn, you're amazing!!   You are going to have an empty table after the first 5 minutes!!!  I have heard of people varnishing waxed noses, but have to be honest, like SueAnn, I don't.   I really wish I coul;d come, will you take some photos for us??

Jane, are you exhibiting??

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

HE IS GORGEOUS! I LOVE HIS NOSE!! His outfit is too cute too!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Wow Jenny

I am smitten with Smitten!!   What a wonderful bear.  I love the overalls! 

As for the difference between bees wax and ezy wax, you don't have to heat ezy wax to apply it.  You just rub it on and buff it up - a lot less scary than that dribbly melty wax.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Smitten is wonderful! I love his little outfit and his nose looks completely perfect to me. bear_wub
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Ever so sweet!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jenny,
Smitten is absolutely adorable!!!  I love his nose - I bet you decide to do lots more of these noses.   Isn't Hugglets coming up soon? 

Hugs,

Brenda

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Precious bear!! Love the little overalls!!! Did you make the clothes, too?

warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Brenda.....I mentioned in an earlier post that I am mad for waxed noses now...so don't come to my house or you'll get your nose waxed!!! Does that stuff work on your legs too?...I need to do those.....

Jeannie I don't make the knitted outfits as I am not a knitter...my mother and her lovely friend do it for me...bless'em....I owe them big time!!!!

Erm....Hugglets is on Sunday.......Oh No......aaaaaaaaaaagh!! What am I doing on here...I should be sewing....waxing....anything but on here

If you catch me on here again between now and Sunday..report me to the Teddy Talk Police!!!!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Beautiful nose bear_thumb gorgeous bear!!

I didnt see the first pic at first only the portrait shot. My goodness your bears are adorable absolutely adorable!!!!!! The little knit romper suit is wonderful!!!

nettie scotland
Website

I think the waxed nose suits your style really well.This wee soul is beyond cute!!!!
Diane xxx

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

I love Smitten....but then I'm a bit bias as I love ALL YOUR BEARS!!

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

What a totally cute bear!!!!!!!

Board footer