Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Well here is a homage to our bears. If there is one place people will understand the love of our special bear it is here. I applogise if this thread has been previously covered as I am new but did look in the library before posting.
WARNING SOPPYNESS AND SENTIMENT A PLENTY!
Here is a picture of my old childhood bear- my 1st love if you like. He is called Ted the Red (I have no idea why thats just what I have always called him) Now this bear has been with me though thick and thin and is warn thin by love and tears. His outstanding ability to be there has seen me though deaths, divorces, separations (not all mine) many house moves, surgery, and all the bull*** that has to be coped with along the way. The honest unconditional comfort of my life. Thankyou x
1373902334_bears_197.jpg
Anybody else want to share?
Michelle

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Cute bear, Michelle!  I guess I had a deprived childhood as I didn't have a special plush item growing up.  My dog (live) gave me comfort for 15 years . . . RIP, Lassie.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Well, my trusty companion wasn't a bear. This is Sausage, given to me on my second birthday. The shreds of pink inside his ears are what remains of a silky fabric that I loved to snag with my fingers whilst sucking my thumb. When I started school, I realized that I'd have to give up the thumb-sucking, but I wasn't about to shun Sausage, so I cut out the pink fabric instead.

He is as loyal and sweet as ever, though a little worse for wear in terms of condition. bear_original

Becky
1374092295_sausage.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Ted the Red is absolutely precious, Michelle! I admire him from afar. bear_flower

Becky

Derbyshire
Website

Sue Ann I would have loved a dog as a kid! Lucky you I use to have a hamster bear_rolleyes
Becky I love sausage he makes me smile  :lol:
Michelle

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

I love your story, and your old bear. I can't  actually say I still have any of my old toys, after several moves, so many things have got lost along the way. But I did used to have a gonk that an aunt made that I used as an extra pillow until he went mouldy, and I once made a ginormous Snoopy, (about 4' tall)  from a white sheet, black felt and a pair of black satin opera gloves for his ears, and he took up half my bed for a good many years!

Caroline

Miser Miser Bears

It would have to be "Tom Puss" a beatrix potter plush of Tom Kitten I got for my 7th birthday. I took him everywhere with me, and you can see my name tag on his foot, just in case he ever got lost!

1374233333_tom_puss_001.jpg

ttilmo Totally Teddy Bears
Website

Well my first bear was a white Wendy Boston Bear I still have her but oddly i don't have many memories of her when I was a baby. All I know is that she was given to me by our local bakers who had found it and thought I would like it. For some reason i have always hung to her.
1374240628_white-bear.jpg

Derbyshire
Website

Caroline -Snoopy with satin opera glove ears!!OMG I would loved to have seen a picture of him and 4ft that's pretty ambitious sewing for a little girl!
Heather- Tom Puss is so sweet! He has even still got his whiskers you have looked after him well (unless your only eight that is   :lol:)
Kate- Your Wendy Boston is the orginal that my Ted the Red was based on I think. It must have been fate that the bakers gave him to you. BTW fantastic website 'Totally Teddy Bears'  and face book page will be signing up to those.
It's great to see other peoples bears thanks for letting me have a nosey!
Michellex

Board footer