Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jennitoday 425 Square Foot Art
Poughkeepsie,NY

I once took a class online...I think it was Ebear University? However, I don't think they are offering classes anymore. There's a lot more I'd like to learn...like needle sculpting, maybe better techniques when I'm drafting my own patterns,ect.... Also what are your favorite books for teddy bear/stuffed animal design? I have a couple books that have helped me like Teddy Bear Studio, 101 Bears to make, & the Complete Book of Teddy Bear Making Technique....but would also love some for other types of animals -Thanks guys:)

Elli Posts: 102

Sorry, I can't help with online classes, but I can recommend the CD-ROM by Rotraud Ilisch if you can get it. I think it has more information about techniques and animal design than any book.

Sarah J Sara J No Kuma Sarah J Bear
Gold Coast, QLD
Website

Hi Jenni, Have You Heard Of Jennifer Laing At All? She Is An Aussie Bear maker Who Has 3 Great Books One Which I Have. The One I Think You Would Be Interested In Is Constructing Teddy And His Friends. The Book Can Be Expensive As I Don't Think They Make It Anymore But They Sell It On eBay, Just Google It. I Think It's Probably One Of The Best Books On Animal Construction! I Hope This Helps Cheers Sarah. bear_smile

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

http://www.etsy.com/au/listing/12351115 … ome_active

Megan Wallace from Tin Soldiers Studio has an online course I am currently doing. She emails a lesson a week.

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

I want to get serious about my bears again and am considering signing up for Megan Wallace's class.  I used to teach distance learning for some universities in New York and New Jersey, and took courses at Ebearz too.  Recently I bought Ted Menten's Teddy Bear Studio from Dover Publications.  The book came today, and it looks like a good reference.

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

I took the plunge and signed up for Megan Wallace's online class.  She sent the first lesson and the pattern right away.  I look forward to practicing my skills and learning something new about bear making.

Jennitoday 425 Square Foot Art
Poughkeepsie,NY

Sarah-I have seen her books, but they were pricey! maybe I should just keep my eye out on ebay!
Leanne-I am def. going to check out Megan Wallace's online class...thanks!
Gail-I love Ted Menten's book...it's great!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I love Ted Menen and Jennifer Lang books. If you like whimsy, you can study the fun patterns of Neysa Phillippi and create your own designs. You can find her books on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Whimsical-Teddy-B … d_sim_b_11

http://www.amazon.com/Cats-Rats-Other-C … im_sbs_b_9

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd add my reply because I'm sure people still find this thread. 

http://www.TeddyBearAcademy.net  has online bear making classes with complete videos.  I loved teaching bear making workshops but time prevents me from traveling much to do that - so I created Teddy Bear Academy so that you can take classes "with me" from where ever you are bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I hope this is going well for you, Laura Lynn. I can see that you've put a lot of high-quality work into it, and I know that the thirst for bear-making knowledge is out there!

Becky

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Thanks Becky!  It is going well - my latest student is from Spain.  Love how I can teach others to learn how to make bears to anyone with an internet connection!  More classes are coming soon bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Glad to hear it. bear_original I do love how the Internet can bring people together.

Becky

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That's awesome, Laura . . . way to go!!!

Sradefarras Barcelona

I am taking one by Laura Lynn at Teddy Bear Academy.net. It's for beginners like me and I find it very informative. I love the way she explains things! Learning a lot!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Thank you SueAnn - and Nancy I'm so glad you are enjoying the class!

Board footer