Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Mad Hatter Posts: 6

You'll have to watch a part of this film, because I don't own a bear like this and so have no photos - parts 5:00 and about 5:07 give brief views of it.

(This clip is supposed to be part 6/10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VVBlhQZ … A6491D389F

Personally, I prefer the movie "Following" to this one. The scene in that first youtube clip is probably among my least favorite parts in Memento - it is really a downer of a film. Good, but a sad story.

Here is another scene where he BURNS that teddy bear! =O (I really hope that wasn't a Steiff or something)

(This clip is supposed to be part 5/10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCUZyrgN … A6491D389F

^at about 9:04

It's so hard to get a close look at the teddy in the clip because the camera doesn't focus on it for long, the camera and/or the items are moving too quickly, and there is other junk in the way. It is also really dark in the clip of the teddy burning scene. But I am still curious and I would love to know. However, unlike the book his wife read a lot, I can't as easily find out what the bear is by doing a search online. I have to ask the experts. ;)

By the way (not that anyone is interested), but that book with no cover is called Claudius the God and his Wife Messalina by Robert Graves. I just had to look it up because I was dying of curiosity to know what it was or what it was supposed to be. I was sure it was Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, after hearing a "myth" that it might be that, but I always thought the book looked too short to be that.

Anyways, I know this is a pretty bizarre "ID this teddy bear" thread, but I would really love to know what it is. =)

For some reason, I find the props that Christopher Nolan uses in movies like this and Following to be so fascinating - it seems a lot of thought goes into selecting items that look like they have a lot of history, or a specific history unique to an individual.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Call me dedicated...I actually went and viewed the clips, and you're right - the bear isn't shown clearly. But it looked to me like a simple unjointed teddy, maybe something like this one: http://www.123rf.com/photo_6031033_old- … -nose.html

It looks like a pretty heavy movie!

Becky

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

I downloaded that movie a while back.....
It was a decent flick, but yes, that poor ted getting burned pretty much killed it for me....this fascination that Hollywood has with ad-nauseam iconoclastic shock value bothers me-

true story, I downloaded an indie movie called "The Visioneers"  which to be fair seemed like a very well produced work, but at one point they introduced three Aurora Plush "Bruiser" bears as props, basically as a statement of corporate platitude and patronization (they were given as bereavement gifts to three employees when their co-worker spontaneously combusted at work)
at that time, coincidentally, I owned exactly three Bruisers myself (I now own four) and when the movie cut to a dream sequence where one of the employees awoke on top of his bruiser with the building exploding around him, I immediately stopped the video, and to this day I have no idea how the movie ends, because I couldn't stand to see one of those precious bears destroyed for the sake of entertainment, it would be a knife in my heart.

Really, I'm for the most part a thick skinned guy who can deal with most any sacrilege, but teddies are very much a sore spot with me. I feel the same way about seeing one harmed as a veteran does about seeing a flag burned.

Board footer