Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Been wanting to get all of my Discovery grizzlies together for a family portrait, and plodding through the daunting task of taking apart all the bear displays and getting the bears wrapped in plastic so that I can start redecorating the house finally gives me the opportunity to do it easily.....

I give you my most favorite bears in the world-
100_2231_zps4a466ab8.jpg

I realized after getting them all back inside that I had missed two! (I own 17 so far), oh well, when I'm up to an even 20 maybe I'll do it again bear_original

Elli Posts: 102

bear_laugh What an impressive collection!  bear_thumb But aren't there three missing?

bears2adopt Bears2Adopt
SF Bay Area

bear_grin  That reminds me of my Mother-In_Law! Somewhere we have a picture of her sitting on the first step with white Christmas Jingle Teddy Bears lined up across all the steps leading upstairs. A wonderful white background to her red Christmas outfit!

Your bears look beautiful! Maybe a bit too hungry though.  bear_original

LitWit Posts: 298

You know, I've searched again and again for that particular bear...I love his claws and his mouth- all those teeth! No such luck, though. bear_whistle

Thanks everyone....the bears love all the accolades  ^.^

@LitWit.....tell me, how bad do you want one? I'd never sell off one of my own, but I do know where there is one available, the seller wants $160 plus shipping though.
I can give you details privately if you want.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Wow, what an amazing family picture, Chris!!  :love:
But I can't help wondering why you want 17 copies of the exact same bear (even your most favourite).  bear_wacko

@ Peterbear.....How could you ask such a question? when you find a friend of such perfect, endearing qualities, how can you ever have enough of his ilk ?  bear_happy

Miser Miser Bears

Awesome, I laughed at the one who randomly has a Mohican  bear_laugh

@Heather- lol, yeah, there's a story behind that....when I got that poor fellow he had a bald spot on top of his head where the fur had been burned somehow, it proved impossible to match the fur (which probably went out of production long ago, since these bears are 15 years old) so I just gave him a Mohawk ^.^
it doesn't really show in the group photo, but he has a little pair of devil horns on his head too-
20120701_124440.jpg
This bear is trouble- he drinks my booze and looks at naughty websites while I'm away, and he's generally a bad influence on the other bears, but he knows he's adorable enough to get away with it, so I tolerate him as long as he gives me plenty of hugs bear_original

LittleButtonMeadow Button Meadow Bears
Devon
Website

Wow amazing! I can see why you love collecting them! bear_original

bears2adopt Bears2Adopt
SF Bay Area

bear_grin I think Mr Mohawk has character.....or maybe that is, he IS a character! Every bear clan needs one like him to keep them talking and guessing what's next.

Then again, my personal bear also has a mohawk.  bear_rolleyes  and wings, cause he can fly.....

Phil@TC Coventry
Website

My favourite is second from left on the back row. bear_wacko

Board footer