Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Miser Miser Bears

Hey bear fans! If you had any amount of money to spend, and the resources to find it, what would be your ultimate bear? An early steiff? an enormous animatronic from a store display? I was thinking about what my "holy grail" of bears would be, and I couldn't decide! Please post pics of your hearts desire!  bear_grin

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

Ohhh easy for me Ted Menten!!!
1381254004_images_2.jpg
1381254029_images_1.jpg
One of these Please!!!!!!!!!!

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

So much fun! Mine is an original 1929 Steiff Clown bear. I was lucky enough to restore one of these treasures quite a few years ago. I fell absolutely in love with him. Here's his pic after a little TLC.

1381258224_1-after.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Definitely an early Steiff! Speaking of adorable old Steiff clowns, here's a picture that I love:
1381282385_teddyclown3.jpg
Becky

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

That Steiff clown bear is gorgeous, Becky!  I'm in love again.  bear_wub  bear_wub

Elli Posts: 102

Does it have to be a bear? bear_whistle
Those antique steiff teddys are amazing and I would love to have one, but even more I dream about owning a victorian style rocking horse...  bear_wub

Tatty Bears South Australia

My holy grail was Charlie bears,Diesel but I was just lucky enough to get him last month  bear_thumb
So now I'll have to think of another one  bear_original 1381310682_image.jpg

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

What a handsome fellow, congrats on getting him!:)

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I would love to have the original "Aloysius", once owned by the famous Peter Bull and who starred in the series "Brideshead Revisited".
If I could persuade Ian Pout from Teddy Bears of Witney to part with him....  :love:

1381314414_imager8s.jpg

LitWit Posts: 298

A really BIG, good-condition, humpbacked, lng-armed Steiff, and THIS fellow, from the Gund Signature Collection:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/3932134

Board footer