Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Teddy Bear Menagerie Teddy Bear Menagerie

Hello

I've read through the library and the post that everyone refers to in regards to painting eyes (Sheli's) and I am STILL confused. I am hoping someone can give me a step by step instruction. I am wondering if this will work:

1. Be certain eye is clean
2. Apply clear nail polish (or clear glitter nail polish) and let almost dry
3. Apply chosen paint - nail polish or acylic paint, or glass paint and let completely dry
4. (Optional) Scrape eye with pin from pupil in outward motion and paint black. Allow to completely dry.
5. Finish eye with varnish or clear nail polish.

If you think this would not work, could you do a numbered instruction? Thank you

Elli Posts: 102

Sounds good to me. Why don't you give it a try?
I have some eyes just for practise (I scrape the paint off to reuse them) since it's different with every kind of paint and look you want to achieve.
Especially step 4. can be tricky. Often it's easier to scrape the paint while it's still wet or not completely dry, I always have to experiment a few times to get a feeling for it.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

that sounds right to me too. You will have beautiful eyes following those steps.

M&Ms Cootamundra

Yes that is how I did it for my daughters bear. It looks great.
Just make sure every coat is dry before adding the next.  bear_original

Teddy Bear Menagerie Teddy Bear Menagerie

Thanks a lot for the info... hoping to try it this week.

Board footer